Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 CRV Touring Sandstorm Metallic
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a touring tonight. Am really excited about it. Any recommendations for interior lighting upgrades or any suggestions to make the experience a great one.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Just bought a touring tonight. Am really excited about it. Any recommendations for interior lighting upgrades or any suggestions to make the experience a great one.
Congratulations. I've had my 2018 Touring for a year and love it.

Speaking of interior lighting, the Touring has LED footwell lighting but you'd hardly know it, as the under-dash light covers are an opaque white. I and others have drilled a 3/16" hole in the covers to make them brighter. It's easy to do. You can also add your own color filter, e.g. a red candy wrapper. No worry about melting as no heat from LEDs. The LED intensity is controlled by the brightness knob on the dash. Here's link to modification details:

https://www.crvownersclub.com/forum...133218-touring-footwell-ambient-lighting.html

·
Registered
2018 CRV Touring Sandstorm Metallic
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulations. I've had my 2018 Touring for a year and love it.

Speaking of interior lighting, the Touring has LED footwell lighting but you'd hardly know it, as the under-dash light covers are an opaque white. I and others have drilled a 3/16" hole in the covers to make them brighter. It's easy to do. You can also add your own color filter, e.g. a red candy wrapper. No worry about melting as no heat from LEDs. The LED intensity is controlled by the brightness knob on the dash.

Thanks Marty,
I will definitely give that a try. I ordered some led lights from amazon for the map lights, overhead second row, and cargo lights. Figured I'd start out there on the inside.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.