Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
Just bought a 98 CR-V (EX- 4spd auto - 4wd) with 130 000 miles on it for 1500. It needs some brake lines, and the front brake rotors are a little warped, all pretty minor. Now this is my first non-american car (previous cars: sunfire, g6, cirrus).

As far as rust goes, overall not to bad, been sprayed, I have 2 considerable spots about the back wheel wells as well as a touch on the rockers. Tranny and Engine run excellent, not at all concerned, punched it ( and what a slow punch that was) and it shifted flawlessly, reverse to 1st is no clunks and no hesitation.

I'm hoping to get this on the road by August (in no rush but I am excited - more so than any previous car)

Guess I'm posting to get any recommendations from you guys about the purchase, plan to adjust the valve cover and rear diff fluid before I drive it much.

Only thing I noticed that I'm unsure about it, is if I do the tightest turn I can ( low speed circles) I get a fairly loud rubbing noise, as of now I am assume it has to be brakes but maybe you guys could potentially shed some light, would be appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Welcome to the CRVOC forums, vereykeg! Definitely replace all the fluids from engine, transmission, rear differential, etc. You can even get cross drilled / slotted rotors for your first gen. I have a few posts on here regarding the first gens. Enjoy your CR-V!

·
Registered
772 Posts
vereykeg/Lewis 1, welcome you both to the forum. As O1CRVEX noted, be sure and change ALL fluids. If it's not possible to know the history of the last TIMING BELT CHANGE, plan on doing that soon as possible, it will leave you stranded when least expected. These are wonderful little cars, but don't neglect to service them, my 97 just turned 218,000 and a pleasure to drive. Good luck and jump in often,
David g.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Welcome aboard! You have found a diamond in the rough. With some TLC you will have great returns and have fun too! Lots of good folks here and lots of info too. Cheers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone, like I stated, im pretty excited, hoping to have it on the road soon, just busy for the next few weeks unfortunately.

Thanks again :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts