Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I just bought a lightly used 2018 Honda CRV. The reason I'm posting is the dealer didnt really have an explanation as to why it was traded in. We didnt think much of it after going over the vehicle and test driving it. Now im seeing that these vehicles seem to have some issues and i noticed the little clip cover on the interior that gives you access to the transmission inside the car is missing. Now im worried that something major may have happened to the transmission. Ive attached a photo. Am I overthinking this? I have the ability to return the vehicle within 30 days np questions asked so I do have that as a last resort.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,891 Posts
My wife and I just bought a lightly used 2018 Honda CRV. The reason I'm posting is the dealer didnt really have an explanation as to why it was traded in. We didnt think much of it after going over the vehicle and test driving it. Now im seeing that these vehicles seem to have some issues and i noticed the little clip cover on the interior that gives you access to the transmission inside the car is missing. Now im worried that something major may have happened to the transmission. Ive attached a photo. Am I overthinking this? I have the ability to return the vehicle within 30 days np questions asked so I do have that as a last resort.
Honda Dealer, you bought it from??

Could be any number of reasons why that clip is missing. Assuming you bought it from a Honda dealer...why not take it back to the dealer and have them 1) replace the clip. and 2) have them show you a copy of all the maintenance records for the vehicle (any service provided by Honda will have those records online in their computer, and the car clearly was still under warranty). Even if you did not buy it from a Honda dealer.. any Honda dealer should be able to pull up all maintenance records on the vehicle.

My guess is the prior owner may have been curious and removed the clip, and maybe broke it doing so. If it is missing for more significant reasons... Honda records should show that... since the vehicle has a 36 month factory bumper to bumper warranty. If they refuse to show you the records.. take them up on the 30 day return policy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It wasn't a Honda dealer it's a well estasblished used car dealer in my area that also runs several other dealers in the area. I just noticed the clip was gone today which is why I'm here asking about it before I get a chance to ask the dealer. I will request records tomorrow and see what I can find out. I cant see an owner removing that clip just out of curiosity. The only thing I can think of is it either fell out during detail work or the car has had something wrong with it.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
The plastic knob is probe to crack, maybe it cracked, they removed clip to shift it.
And replaced the knob but not the clip.

Knob is a $13 fix (might not be on your service records and they clip cover is a few dollars.

Wouldn’t be too concerned.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
4,985 Posts
could that car peen Repo'd Why not give the site the Number you got the car from and we cancall and find out for you. Excitement we know took over when you are calmed down call or go back. the CVT key cover is a release button. so more or less from your photo it was removed all we can say and guess the rest.

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L FWD
360 Posts
I was told that my V was initially leased and once it neared the allowed mileage it was turned it.
As I purchased it as a Honda CPO car I really don't care about its past history.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I was told that my V was initially leased and once it neared the allowed mileage it was turned it.
As I purchased it as a Honda CPO car I really don't care about its past history.
Man the dealers must love you.

CPO doesn't mean it didn't have issues and not asking for records is a fools game. It's literally no work to ask.

·
Super Moderator
4,985 Posts
@NS-CRV

I am sure the dealer would not mind going over that part and replace the missing Key cover? then seeing others have their issues posted up here.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I lost that clip thing when I was vacuuming, I heard it hit the vacuum and did not realized what got sucked in until I got home. (the vacuum was pretty strong), I just put a plastic flower thing on top of it with double sided tape, wifeee loved it.... flower.jpg

·
Super Moderator
4,985 Posts
Car fax can work if IF the car was put in a system.. Maybe they were put in the forum and they can pull up the previous owner.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts