Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as the title indicated....

Bought my CR-V recently and am looking to modify it to handle some light to moderate off-roading...
NOT lookin to go mudding with it, but would like to be able to handle some rougher dirt roads or light trails.

Anyone able to recommend some inexpensive but durable more like skid plates, grill bars, suspension items, tires, etc to safely handle that kind of terrain?

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
If it's just an occasional off road, then nothing really is needed. If you think you are going to have fun like a jeep...open the wallet and it still won't do that stuff. I have taken mine through corn fields for hunting and had no problem, but it wasn't sloppy wet or anything either. You will be surprised what a different set of tires will do also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow... That's impressive...

Thanks so much for the replies!

My wife has a Jeep, and we take that on off road trails about twice a year. I bought the CRV because I was sick of driving my POS minivan... Took that hunting, I made it through some interesting terrain, and wanted something with a little more capability to handle like what Badgerland described...

Thanks for the recommendation on the tires...
I was planning on getting son AT's when the ones on it need to be changed...

I actually have to pick it up from the dealership later this morning.
It's having a recall issue with the airbags fixed and a detailing done to it...

I've never been this excited about a vehicle before...
Granted I've also never had one this new, or in this good of condition before either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.