Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice that a local Virginia dealer has several CRV (LX, EX, EXL Navi) with a VIN that begins with 7FA. Googling that prefix indicates that number is not US or Canada; it indicates that those cars were manufactured in Oceania. Is that not unusual for a US dealer. I thought the CRV sold here were US or Canada manufacture. Any pro or con to one of these vehicles?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Slightly older thread. I just bought a 2018 CR-V EX and noticed the VIN starts with 7FA, which a google search showed being made in Oceania as said in an earlier post. I can't make that nhtsa link posted to work. I'm wondering why they would use the 7FA VIN for vehicles made in Indiana?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Slightly older thread. I just bought a 2018 CR-V EX and noticed the VIN starts with 7FA, which a google search showed being made in Oceania as said in an earlier post. I can't make that nhtsa link posted to work. I'm wondering why they would use the 7FA VIN for vehicles made in Indiana?
Your Google search is wrong, sorry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here's the current location of the NHTSA doc which says in part, "7FA - Honda Mfg., Indiana, LLC - HONDA, Multipurpose Passenger Vehicle". Includes additional VIN decoding.

Update: FWIW, here's the link to the check digit math referenced in the NHTSA document as 49CFR565.15(c) -- see section 565.15 c1 to c4. It also spells out the entirety of US federal VIN requirements.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts