Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought this car about a month ago and had the top end rebuilt due to burnt valve. Has around 13000 on the clock since this was done. The car ran perfectly fine getting nearly 30 mpg.
Decided to check the valves today and glad I did. Overall, the mechanic that did the work did a pretty good job.
Exhaust valves were tight and intake were loose.
I gauged the exhaust at .005 on the 4th cylinder and the rest were around .006
Intakes were slopped to around .007
I adjusted the exhaust at .008 and intakes at .003
Replaced plugs while i was at it.

In summary, check your valves on these b series engines even if they are running good.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Good job! I totally agree with you. Especially this series of engines. The exhaust tends to become tighter as the seats will recess into the head. Plus if it has perfect valve lash the engine is very happy. It'll going to be very responsive & will sound very nice.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good job! I totally agree with you. Especially this series of engines. The exhaust tends to become tighter as the seats will recess into the head. Plus if it has perfect valve lash the engine is very happy. It'll going to be very responsive & will sound very nice.
The adjustments seemed way off before I got them to spec. There was some gap but not much with the exhaust and the intakes were way loose.
I did read on here to set the intakes to the tight end spec and the exhaust on the loose end of spec.
Not too difficult of a job if you take your time. I did find one nut was snug and not tight like the others.
I also double checked the lash and nut torque since it was pretty simple.
This forum is a wealth of information and thanks to everyone who contribute and share that information.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts