Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys.

Pretty much as the heading says really.

I have been searching for a way to install navigation onto my non nav head unit. Seen some threads and thought it was way beyond me. But I have just installed Waze and Spotify and tested them.

The details I found are on youtube ( search for "KF Channel" and look for the user with 8 videos) -
The website for the APKs is Honda Connect Apps Download: Waze, Maps, Spotify etc

Only thing I had to do to get it working was factory reset the head unit.

You need to install your first app then delete the install APK after it has been installed. To do this I had to start another download, drag down the top status bar, then long press on the downloading file, tick the boxes for the files to delete, delete them. Then download the second app and make sure it has the correct filename. Sound more complicated than it is.

Once all installed set the permissions as detailed on the website.

I was getting to the stage of looking for a replacement head unit but not now.

This isn't my own work so I take no credit for this.

Only thing I need to work out now is how to get my iPhone and head unit to connect automatically to the personal hotspot. I have to delete my phone and reconnect at each engine start. A real pain in the butt!

Hope this helps out someone.

Sean :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks like a neat hack but I would be very hesitant to try it on my own CR-V especially if you have to remove and add your phone each time you drive your car. I really dislike the factory head unit on my '16, but it works okay for basic functions. sigh

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had to remove and add my phone before doing this. iPhone hot spot isn't the best. Just bought a wifi 4g dongal and picked up a free three data only sim that has 200mb of data free every month.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts