Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum and CR-Vs. I just purchased a 2015 EX-L. What brought me to the forum was a search to find a fix for the video screen lock out when the vehicle is in drive. It seems a shame to me to have a nice video screen in the middle of the dash with an HDMI and bluetooth connection but have the video locked out while the vehicle is in drive. I get the safety angle but I also see the utility for a working video screen. Until I find a fix I find this to be a major disappointment. I have been through several of blogs on this site and have yet to discover a fix but will keep looking and doing my research.

Anyway, Thanks for this forum and I look forward to learning from all of you about my new CR-V.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Welcome to the forum BerwynEd. Regarding the HDMI and Bluetooth lockout of the screen while driving, that is a built-in Honda feature apparently mandated by Federal Rule. Honda based Navi is an exception to that. I have not found any 'work arounds' beyond someone with knowhow breaking into the software of the system. Who would want to void warranties by doing that. Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts