Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone
Just joined the forum. Recently purchased a 2015 CRV Touring for my wife. This is the second Honda. Sold the 2008 Honda Odyssey a few years back. I have started making a few small modifications to start with on the CRV. Mods done in the last one week
1. Replaced all interior bulbs with VLEDS 6K WHITE 4 LED HIGH POWER BULBS Part #: 194_4_RB_W_6K_N
2. Replaced number plate bulbs with VLED 6K WHITE 4 LED HIGH POWER FLANK BULBS Part #: 194_4_HPF_W_6K - $18 pair
3. Replaced Fog lights with LEDS - you can find my post under DIY mods
4. Installed Paint matched door edge guards - will post photos
5. Installed Paint matched body side molding - will post photos
Planning Next
6. Change Front and Rear turn signal, Brake and Backup lights with LEDS.
7. Change all OEM speakers with Polk and install Dynamat and Ensolite from Raamaudio

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

otto888man I have not replaced the front turn signals yet. But I did try out the VLEDS AMBER PLATINUM 21 LED BLINKER TURN SIGNAL BULBS in the front Plug and play load resistor.jpg to see if the rear OEM turn signal bulbs would provide enough resistance but noticed hyper flashing. I did not want to splice the CRV OEM wiring. I think I read some one mention on this forum that the relay is part of the ECU and cannot be replaced. I was able to replace the relay on the Highlander. I have ordered LED Error warning Canceler Load Resistor on ebay and hoping it would be a plug and play. I have attached a snapshot of the canceler load resistor. Researching the type of base on the CRV looks like its a standard base (non-CK type). If its not a plug and play then I have to made some modifications for it to work. I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

otto888man I have not replaced the front turn signals yet. But I did try out the VLEDS AMBER PLATINUM 21 LED BLINKER TURN SIGNAL BULBS in the front View attachment 51026 to see if the rear OEM turn signal bulbs would provide enough resistance but noticed hyper flashing. I did not want to splice the CRV OEM wiring. I think I read some one mention on this forum that the relay is part of the ECU and cannot be replaced. I was able to replace the relay on the Highlander. I have ordered LED Error warning Canceler Load Resistor on ebay and hoping it would be a plug and play. I have attached a snapshot of the canceler load resistor. Researching the type of base on the CRV looks like its a standard base (non-CK type). If its not a plug and play then I have to made some modifications for it to work. I will keep you posted.
I agree with you on not doing any splice on the wiring harness. As this could affect warranty. Double check with the dealer if the flasher relay is separate. I would suggest to use the relay that is intended for LED bulb than the resistor type connector as the resistor tends to heat up & might cause problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts