Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to do small repairements on my old and well kept Honda CR-V 2003. Now I'm about to replace the seat on the driver side, due tosome cuts. How do I remove the piece of plastic hiding the upper bolt? (See attached photo of it.) seatbeltlf.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Seat belt replacement

Just got the plastic shield off on my own. The old seat belt is now out of the car. And time for a little rest before installing the new one! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seat belt replacement

Easier than expected to replace the seat belt (driver side), and saved me 600 (USD).

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Is the seat belt not covered by factory, like forever???
....and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seat belt replacement

Is the seat belt not covered by factory, like forever???
....and welcome to the forum!
Thanks for the welcome! I went to a Honda dealer, and was told it would cost me ca. 700-800 (compared to US dollar) for a new seat belt incl. the work. Instead I got a seat belt from a scrap yard, and installed it myself. About the Honda warranty on seat belts , isn't that warranty only good until the first 150.000 km? And if within that limitation, isn't uncertaint whether worn rips goes under the warranty? Approx. 1 mm was worn-off in a length of about 3 cm on one side of the belt, and according to them that was enough to forbid me driving it - if not fixed within 3 weeks. This due to requirements in EU rules & regulations.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the update. How did the plastic shield come out?
About the plastic shield for the top bolt, see the photo with my markings. Simultaneously pressing out at the points marked, with two small flat screwdrivers. Pros probably knows better ways to get this plastic shield off. It would be a good idea to put some tape on the screwdrivers to avoid scratches in the plastic. About the plastic shield for the bottom bolt, not on the photo, then you simple drag it a few centimetres up the belt. However, to get access to the two middle bolts, then you need to take off a much bigger piece of plastic that also cover the doorstep - and doing it carefully. seatbeltlf1.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcome! Yep, new spare parts from the car dealer and garage work is pricy in here. Another example; I saved about 130 (compared to US dollar) replacing two light bulbs myself.:rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts