Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just got a brand new 2012 CRV two months ago. Never driven a Honda before; it has always been a Toyota. I love the Toyota; it has never failed me over the past 30 years. Well I decided to change to a Honda and now I love my CRV. I always seem to fumble for the parking brake which on Toyota is a hand brake. And if I do remember to push the parking brake, sometimes I seem to forget to release it and start driving.

The other day, someone was talking about the freezing temperatures in Canada and she was saying that you got to start the car and sit with the engine on for 5 to 10 minutes to let the engine oil heat up before starting to drive. I have never done that with my CRV. Even in minus 28 celcius I started the car and drove. Am I doing it wrong?

I am under the impression that my car was delivered with synthetic oil that does not freeze. Am I not right?

Anyway, nice to be here and hoping for a response.

Thanks
Pascal

·
Registered
345 Posts
I start it and go. (Providing all windows are clean). Drive slowly at first. No racing.
I agree. I read on anther forum that more engine wear occurs during cold engine driving, than normal engine temperature driving. Sounds reasonable to me. I drive SLOW and easy until the car warms up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts