Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to wait to see what the 2012 CR-V was going to be like but I pulled the trigger on purchasing the 2011. The deciding factor was the 0.9% financing that is available right now. I really like the exterior and interior appearance of the current model. I can't imagine the 2012 will bring any earth shaking changes. Besides a facelift, I've read there will be some type of waterproof storage box a la the Crosstour. A cool feature but no biggie. The only change that would upset me not waiting for would be a V-6 or turbo and I don't think that is likely. Anyway, I'm trading in my 2005 Accord EX-L V-6 non nav coupe. After negotions my net price is about $18,000 with the trade in. They had no EX-L's of any type in stock but my car is on order to be delivered in late July. I test drove an EX and was not terribly disappointed by the power. It doesn't come anywhere near my V-6 coupe but it will be adequate for how I drive. Most of my driving is back and forth to work by myself and weekends and such with me and my wife. My kids are older so they are rarely passengers in my car.

Now for a few questions while awaiting my CR-V:

I'm having my remote starter taken out of my Accord and will have it installed in the CR-V. I figured I could have the installers put in the Gentek homelink mirror (no compass) at the same time since they have to run wiring to the remote start antenna which they mount next to the mirror. Is this the mirror I should be buying?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002Z63H5M/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

I'm also planning on having fog lights as a dealer installed option. I didn't discuss it with the salesman because I was numbered out hammering out price of the new car and trade in. On Honda's website the show adding foglights adds about $327 to the list price. Is that what the dealer will charge including installation? I'm assuming this is not a factory option but a dealer install only option. Is there an after market alternative for a lot less (not a do-it yourselfer) or just bite the Honda bullet.

I'll more than likely get a Honda Care Extended Warranty.

Cargo tray and all weather floor mats Honda or Weather Tech?

I'll also get the Chrome exhaust tip.

Thoughts on body side moulding, door edge film. Are they worth it?

·
Registered
633 Posts
I was going to wait to see what the 2012 CR-V was going to be like but I pulled the trigger on purchasing the 2011. The deciding factor was the 0.9% financing that is available right now. I really like the exterior and interior appearance of the current model. I can't imagine the 2012 will bring any earth shaking changes. Besides a facelift, I've read there will be some type of waterproof storage box a la the Crosstour. A cool feature but no biggie. The only change that would upset me not waiting for would be a V-6 or turbo and I don't think that is likely. Anyway, I'm trading in my 2005 Accord EX-L V-6 non nav coupe. After negotions my net price is about $18,000 with the trade in. They had no EX-L's of any type in stock but my car is on order to be delivered in late July. I test drove an EX and was not terribly disappointed by the power. It doesn't come anywhere near my V-6 coupe but it will be adequate for how I drive. Most of my driving is back and forth to work by myself and weekends and such with me and my wife. My kids are older so they are rarely passengers in my car.

Now for a few questions while awaiting my CR-V:

I'm having my remote starter taken out of my Accord and will have it installed in the CR-V. I figured I could have the installers put in the Gentek homelink mirror (no compass) at the same time since they have to run wiring to the remote start antenna which they mount next to the mirror. Is this the mirror I should be buying?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002Z63H5M/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

I'm also planning on having fog lights as a dealer installed option. I didn't discuss it with the salesman because I was numbered out hammering out price of the new car and trade in. On Honda's website the show adding foglights adds about $327 to the list price. Is that what the dealer will charge including installation? I'm assuming this is not a factory option but a dealer install only option. Is there an after market alternative for a lot less (not a do-it yourselfer) or just bite the Honda bullet.

I'll more than likely get a Honda Care Extended Warranty.

Cargo tray and all weather floor mats Honda or Weather Tech?

I'll also get the Chrome exhaust tip.

Thoughts on body side moulding, door edge film. Are they worth it?
Side moldings: I think they are worth it. VERY EASY self install! I mean super easy. It comes with a template!!! Plus their are videos on youtube on how to do it!! Find good prices online from College and Bernardi Honda

Floor mats: I have the weather techs! They are very durable--hard plastic!! Ensure you get the one that coves ALL of the frontal area,Mine dont! So have bare carpet exposed!

1 other thing I dont like about them is the hard plastic! Yes its easy to clean, but things slide around on it!! I have weathertechs in the passenger and rear cargo areas!! Hear things slip/slidin away all the time,lol I think the Honda ones may be of a softer rubber, but maybe a tad harder to clean.

Just ensure you get the ones that cover the whole front!!! Last I looked on WT website, you had to put in the 2010 model year to see them, would not show up if u selected 2011!~!!

There is a topic on here as well on Honda extended warranty--a few places sell it for much less than what a lot of dealers will!!

Enjoy the new vehichle

·
Registered
74 Posts
Your dealer won't be able to touch the price you can get online from one of the dealers listed for the HondaCare warranty. It was really easy. My dealer was not happy about it but oh well.

I have the Honda rubber floor mats and they are nice. I have WeatherTech in our Accord but I think I prefer the Honda mats.

I too am thinking about the Gentech mirror and fog lights which should be standard on an EX-L with Nav in my opinion.

I have the door edge guards and the body side moldings. Honda says you cannot do both but there was plenty of room. I learned that on this site. The body side moldings really improve the look of the car and should also be standard on the EX-L.

I just past 1000 miles and I like mine more everyday. Brian

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has anybody had the dealer install the fog lights? How much did they charge, including installation. H & A charges $245 for the kit. It doesn't look like rocket science to install. Their price for mats is a whole lot cheaper too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The salesman at the dealer tells me that my car is scheduled to be assembled between July 17th and the 21st. He also said he would let me know when they assign the VIN#. I'm starting to get a little excited and trying to figure out when the vehicle will arrive at my dealer in south suburban Chicagoland. I don't think there is much involved in dealer prep, but I really don't know, but it shouldn't take them more than a few hours I would imagine. There is just Indiana between Ohio and Illinois so transport should be 6 hours or less. I could conceivably get my car as early as July 19th or as late as 25th. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas when he already knows what he's getting.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Has anybody had the dealer install the fog lights? How much did they charge, including installation. H & A charges $245 for the kit. It doesn't look like rocket science to install. Their price for mats is a whole lot cheaper too.
My dealer gets 3 hours labor.
Definitely a nice option to get rid of that ugly unfinished opening.
Fogs should be standard on an EX-L.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The salesman just e-mailed me. My car is in ahead of schedule. Sounds like a line of B.S. about the whole schedule thing, but it matters not to me as long as it's the vehicle I wanted. I was caught off guard so now I'll have to scramble to get an online quote for a Honda Care ext warranty and see if the dealer will match it. Merry Christmas in July for me.!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Have fun with your vehicle Pat.

I have the exact same type of vehicle except I went for an ivory leather interior instead of a black.

I personally love my CRV and I had fog lights and auto dimming mirror installed and bought Honda rubber all-weather mats.

I picked up my vehicle on March 18, and I already have 1,250 miles on it today (July 15).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I worked until 7pm tonight. I got to the dealer about 7:45. After all the signing of documents was done, I drove home and it was about 9:15. I played with the stereo in the garage and paired the bluetooth to my samung epic. I'll post a photo tomorrow. I'm beat but very happy with my purchase.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have no buyer's remorse over purchasing my 2011 CR-V, however: I just stopped at the dealer this morning for a free wash and saw my 05 Accord Coupe on the lot. It was a little sad. That was one of the best cars I ever owned. Here's a pic from their lot. I hope the new owner will treat her right.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I haven't really used the Navi as yet except to play with it. I do however enjoy the touch screen operation and display as it pertains to the audio system. The Navi will come in handy when I go on trips.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Your dealer won't be able to touch the price you can get online from one of the dealers listed for the HondaCare warranty. It was really easy. My dealer was not happy about it but oh well.

I have the Honda rubber floor mats and they are nice. I have WeatherTech in our Accord but I think I prefer the Honda mats.

I too am thinking about the Gentech mirror and fog lights which should be standard on an EX-L with Nav in my opinion.

I have the door edge guards and the body side moldings. Honda says you cannot do both but there was plenty of room. I learned that on this site. The body side moldings really improve the look of the car and should also be standard on the EX-L.

I just past 1000 miles and I like mine more everyday. Brian
What online site did you get the warranty from?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts