Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Just a quickie to introduce myself to the forum.

Picked up my brand new 2008 2.2CTDi EX CR-V last Thursday, 27th, from Blackpool Honda.

From the outset, I love the car - can't say the same about the dealership though. Let's just say that the Aerobumpers and roof spoiler had better be the right colour in 10 days time.

It seems that posting pics is liked on this forum so when they finally supply me with the car I ordered I will take some and duly post them on here.

TTFN,
Barry

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Barry - let me know how you get on with the areo pack - my colours are fine but the fit is not looking so good now!

Is the safty pack the anti collision stuff - let me know how you get on with it as it frustrated me when I test drove the car with it on.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Welcome!

Congratulations and welcome to the Forum. I am sure your driving satisfaction will soon drive out the negative experience you had with the dealer. It doesn't matter where you are, it seems dealers are about the same. They are necessary but they aren't the most pleasant to deal with. You've got to live with them. I hope everything turns out alright for you. I enjoyed reading most of James Herriot's books.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Honda 367,
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Stan,
What do you mean your aerobumpers don't look good on your black mean machine? Your photos show the exact opposite! The safety pack is indeed the optional safety stuff. The Adaptive Cruise Control works really well - but I won't be using it to and from work on the M61 due to the large volume of traffic. The Collision Mitigation System? I hope I never have to put that to the test! The AFS system works really well but there's an on-board bug and 2-3 times a day the 'AFS' warning light comes on. It's booked into a local Honda dealership for Tuesday to try and fix it.

Barry

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Again Barry,

The bumpers are sort of coming away in the corners - its not a great fit - I am going to get them to look at it when it goes in for a service as its a company car and I paid for those extras.

Yeah the adaptive cruise control - I found that it would slow me down too early - by the time i was in the outside lane the car i was going to overtake was pulling away and also it would pick up cars on corners when going past them - I think its a great gadget but I guess being an ex BMW driver I get too close to the car in front before I overtake!:D

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am keen to see your photo with the bumpers in silver - I bet it looks cool!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm new here, too

Hi all;

My car is a little older than yours - 2006 Execeutive diesel, August '06 and 31,00 miles up already!

Prefer the look of mine still, but some of the toys you guys have on your cars I would dearly love on mine!

Looking forward to your pics though, Barry- bit of a photo nut myself.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi Barry
Like you I bought my EX ctdi from Blackpool Honda.
They basically talked me out of the safety pack. I was quite keen on it but my other hald didnt want to spend the extra 2 grand. The salesman told me that unless I did lots of motorway mile - which i don't - then not to bother with it.

I had no issues with the Blackpool dealership, but have not heard good things about their after sales service and technical competence.

I have however heard good things about Greenacre Honda in Blackburn. As I live in Chorley they will be getting my custom for servicing etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts