Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just turned 100k miles this week. Bought as dealer demo with 1k miles on 01/01/14 for $23,500.

It was purchased as a fleet vehicle that averages around 1.1k miles per week give or take. It has been very reliable and works perfectly for its purpose.

1. Immediately added mud flaps ($200) and a cheap set of seat covers and mats ($60). Go with quality and Weathertech instead.
2. Replaced door speakers with 4 Focal brand units and added a 300w Clarion amp ($600). Well worth it for my lifetime Sirius subscription.
3. Four Goodyear Assurances @ 51k miles ($550). Much quieter and longer lasting than OEM.
4. New Optima yellow top @ 53k miles ($130). No problems.
5. Front brakes @ 84k. ($200)
6. Replaced front rotors @ 98k with IAP Dura International brand ($60 + $50 labor). Should have simply swapped rotors at brake job instead of cutting OEM. Use this brand as they directly replace OEM at half the cost.
7. Regular fluid changes include full synthetic oil and Honda OEM trans. Also OEM differential fluid.
8. Also regular filter changes.
9. Just added a can of K44 fuel additive as a preventative measure.

10. Stock driver's seat is a price point, but you get used to it. My Santa Fe is more comfortable, but has less leg room.
11. Burned out the 12V adapter in the console using a chinky power adapter that overheated. Added a dual wired from the engine compartment fuse box to the passenger kick panel. I run a lot of accessories.
12. I always use the Eco. Combined mileage is 25+ mpg keeping in mind I use lots of a/c and frequently park idling for hours. High mileage was 30+ mpg flat highway @ 76 mph. Low mileage was 22+ mpg heavy city and lots of parked idling with a/c.
13. Sunroof is great in the early mornings, but can get noisy. The solution would be to turn the rear fixed windows into motorized wings like on a Toyota.

I plan on keeping it to around 250k and then giving it to my step-son. Hopefully, it retains its quality performance with regular maintenance.

20160121_145235 (640x360).jpg

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
That's awesome! It's great to see the reliability. We're about to hit 23,000 on our '13 EX. I plan on keeping it to 200,000 miles. Looks like I'll be driving for another 15 years or so.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Remember what I said about the brakes. Other than that do regular fluid changes and just drive it.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Good for you...lots of miles, repairs mainly "maintenance" on parts that wear out from use...not bad at all...another 100k easy peasy.
My 2012 LX just broke 51k today...runs great...I generally drive them until the last drive as a $500.00 clunker to a kid or to the scrap yard...I'll probably trade this one in in several years when I retire...Probably one last "brand new" V that some family members will squabble over after my ashes are planted...hehehe...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts