1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
My experience with these is that you are paying for the name. That cabin air filter doesn't normally have to be changed too often, stick with the OEM and just buy it from one of the Honda OEM parts discounters like College Hill or Majestic or other.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
The Cabin Air Filter is such an inconsequential part, and perfectly usable aftermarket versions are SO cheap ($6-8), that I think getting a K&N cabin filter is silly. (Not to mention I really don't want to be smelling their filter oil on a hot day.)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My experience with these is that you are paying for the name. That cabin air filter doesn't normally have to be changed too often, stick with the OEM and just buy it from one of the Honda OEM parts discounters like College Hill or Majestic or other.
On my last vehicle the cabin filter would be filthy after 10,000 miles so I'd change it at this interval and I regularly vacuum and clean my interior though I live on a gravel road. And rockauto only lists one paper filter for $15 for the 17 crv.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
On my last vehicle the cabin filter would be filthy after 10,000 miles so I'd change it at this interval and I regularly vacuum and clean my interior though I live on a gravel road. And rockauto only lists one paper filter for $15 for the 17 crv.
Wow, 10,000 miles! Where I live you get a couple of years out of those things. No dirt roads here.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
The databases just haven't been updated yet. The one filter it lists for the '17 CR-V also works in the '16 Civic. If you look at the rest of the '16 Civic listing you get several options, one of which is $6.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I change my cabin air filter yearly so I did pick up the k&n cabin filter for 30 bucks on Amazon. I plan to keep my crv for 10+ years so it will pay for itself within a few years

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I decided to get it myself. Over the next four years I'll rack up 120,000 miles and would change it 12 times anyways so I'll come out ahead too, even if the paper filters were only $6 each. It also claims to filter more not sure if that's true or not.

Anyone know if you should spray the refresher on before it goes in for the first time?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts