Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 automatic transmission awd. The vechile excelerates fine and goes fine over 30mph alwaySometimes, not always it will make the pretty loud ka-clunk when I slow down then hit the gas again like going around corners or slowing down and taking off in traffic. It NEVER makes this noise from a dead stop. Only between 10-25mph. Again like so many others I've spent the $$$ at the garage with no results. I have been driving over 20,000 miles with this issue and it still gets me around, the fear of being left stranded because of this is no longer there but it aggravates me when it does it. One important thing to add. I have a small oil leak. I notice that if the oil gets low or not cchanged when it should the ka-clunk becomes more frequent. 3 Different mechanics have said the trans is just fine. One said you may have some slack in your drive train. "it will tell on itselt eventually" well 20,000 miles later and its still a secret. I'm wondering if is something unique to the first gen crv and someone here has already discovered the cause

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Perhaps your tranny fluid is worn out and needs to be replaced.
Buffalo4
PS: Since it sounds like you are not real diligent about changing your engine oil you may have forgotten about your tranny and diffy oil also. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts