Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Is there a way to keep the audio playing after turning off the engine?

My 2018 VW GTI keeps the audio playing after turning off the engine until you open the door. It's a nice feature and was wondering if the CRV is capable of this

·
Registered
15 Posts
In my experience, my ‘18 doesn’t allow you to turn off the engine without turning off everything else. Rather, when you shut the car off, if you want to listen to music without running the engine, you have to hit the Power Start button again without touching the brake in order for to get it to go into Accessory mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,018 Posts
there was a thread on this

did you search the site, read the book, know pressing three times can not hurt to shut down press again if asked but yeah we know more presses can wear your butt on

·
Registered
491 Posts
Just shut it off in gear and it will stay on. Then, to turn it off, shift to park.
Just remember to keep your foot on the brake or apply the e-brake so you don't roll away while listening to that last song.

On Cdn models only you can shift to Park after shutting off the engine in gear and the power will remain in accessory mode.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,918 Posts
Just shut it off in gear and it will stay on. Then, to turn it off, shift to park.
Keep in mind.. if you do this.. other systems, including automatic headlights, dayrunnig lights, etc. may stay on.. which will put some drain on your battery. I did this one time and saw my dayrunning lights reflecting back to me from a building window while parked in front of it.. and was .... duh! I guess that makes sense, even though it seems silly given how small the batteries are on these CRVs. Maybe there is a configuration setting to address this, but I simply avoid doing it anymore. I certainly can live without the radio running while I am waiting. :)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Keep in mind.. if you do this.. other systems, including automatic headlights, dayrunnig lights, etc. may stay on.. which will put some drain on your battery. I did this one time and saw my dayrunning lights reflecting back to me from a building window while parked in front of it.. and was .... duh! I guess that makes sense, even though it seems silly given how small the batteries are on these CRVs. Maybe there is a configuration setting to address this, but I simply avoid doing it anymore. I certainly can live without the radio running while I am waiting. :)
or switch to OFF from AUTO. Then again remember to turn it back to AUTO or you'll be driving without your headlights at night.
I have been noticing people with no headlights at night lately.... dangerous.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
3,675 Posts
Or...just accept the fact that the audio will shut off when you park the CR-V, and just push the start button once (with foot OFF the brake) to enter accessory mode, and listen away.

·
Registered
2018 Honda CRV EX-L
124 Posts
Personally, I’m glad it doesn’t. The last two rental cars we had did that and I always felt like I hadn’t shut off the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For the CDN 2019 model with the car in park press the brake pedal and push the shift release button in and hold (you can let go of the brake pedal), now with your left hand push the engine start button and the engine shuts off into accessory mode and gives you a beep telling you this. To turn off (exit out of this mode) you will need to press the engine start twice without the brake pedal being depressed. It’s as simple as that.

·
Registered
491 Posts
For the CDN 2019 model with the car in park press the brake pedal and push the shift release button in and hold (you can let go of the brake pedal), now with your left hand push the engine start button and the engine shuts off into accessory mode and gives you a beep telling you this. To turn off (exit out of this mode) you will need to press the engine start twice without the brake pedal being depressed. It’s as simple as that.
Your two handed approach is needlessly complicated. After coming to a stop, simply press the Start/Stop button BEFORE putting the shift lever in Park. Power switches seamlessly to Accessory. Then move shift lever to Park. Power remains in Accessory mode (Cdn models only). Only one hand required.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
3,675 Posts
What I just can't figure out is...why is this different for Canadian vs US CR -Vs?

·
Registered
2 Posts
It’s only complicated if you think two hands is difficult. It’s really very simple if you were already in park and now need to wait for whoever and do not wish to idle any longer. Your way is another way and may work for some. Neither are complicated.
Also to answer why the CDN model vs US are different....don’t know. May have to do with regulations. Some options are different between the two countries so this may be one of them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts