Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just hit 120k on my 4rth generation crv. i have been toying with the idea of selling it. With my v running so well, I cannot justify the price of a new one.

So far, I have changed the oil every 5k, trans fluid and air filter every 30k, replaced the brake fluid and cabin filter at 60k, the coolant and serpentine belt at 100k, and recently replaced the spark plugs at 120k. The spark plugs looked great and probably had more life in them still.

I have been thinking that I’d like to try and get 250k out of the this car reliably and wanted to know what other mantainence items I should or could do to help ensure the longevity of the car.
Is replacing the water pump or alternator preemptively a good idea? Fuel filter? Or should I let these things ride? Any Honda techs or experts have any advice?

·
Registered
2010 EX-L (AWD, non-Nav)
565 Posts
There is no fuel filter.

Water pump, you can wait on that. My 07 Accord with the 2.4 engine needed a new one at about 170,000 miles. It will start making strange noises or leak long before it stops working.

The same car is at 207,000 miles now and I haven't touched the alternator.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Keep doing what you are doing! But if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Sounds like you are already doing it well.

Reactions: Carbuff2

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,804 Posts
+ 50!

You are doing great. Changing the coolant helped that water pump stay healthy...ours is at 185K miles+ with no issues either with cooling or charging.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Water pump and alternator replace if needed. With that mileage, I would look into replacing the ball joints, tie rod, struts/shocks and all the rubber items associated with it if you want to keep the ride like new. It’s your call when it come into suspension components.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Water pump and alternator replace if needed. With that mileage, I would look into replacing the ball joints, tie rod, struts/shocks and all the rubber items associated with it if you want to keep the ride like new. It’s your call when it come into suspension components.
Exactly. It’s not just the engine components you need to be checking on. All these suspension parts have rubber grommets that also need to be checked and/or replaced. Once you get into that, then you may want to start the “ keep spending $$$ to maintain or buy new” conversion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts