Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All,

The battery in my FOB has been giving me a low battery signal for a couple of years, but has worked regardless. This weekend after getting groceries it finally completely died. I pulled the key out of the FOB and found that it would turn, but not unlock the door or give any indication that it was actually doing anything. Fortunately I was at Walmart so I ran back inside and bought a new battery, so all was well.

Being that it is only a 2015 model and I doubt anyone has ever actually used the physical key I am wondering if there is something defective in the linkage going to the key hole? This isn't an emergency, but if I had been elsewhere I may have had to get the vehicle towed or call a locksmith. Anything obvious I should know or think about?

·
Registered
2016 CRV-EX
26 Posts
I'm not familiar with the inner workings of the CRV door lock, but in other cars, if one is locked out and has the door opened using a "slim jim", the rod connecting the lock cylinder to the actual lock mechanism can be dislodged. This leads to your symptoms: the lock cylinder turns, but no longer moves the actual locking mechanism.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts