Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
All good advice, except leaving the fob at home. I need the fob to start the 2022 CRV.

Today I turned off the phone and left the phone and wallet in the car and used two thin plastic grocery bags to wrap the fob, one bag inside the other tightly wrapped, and stuck the wrapped fob in the pocket of the bathing suit. But I made sure to attach it to the draw cord of my bathing suit before putting it in the pocket. Glad I did that, because after a minute in the water I found the bag had floated out of my bathing suit front pocket, and would have floated away otherwise.
On vacation, I put the room credit card key and tip money in a ziploc bag and put it in the pocket of my swim trunks. On more than one occasion, got into the pool without putting the ziploc in my shoe only to find it floating in the pool. Once the employees found me because someone found the ziploc and the room key was scanned to find to whom it belonged. In every case, the money was wet. So, from personal experience a ziploc bag is not waterproof.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live on the Gulf Coast of Florida. I'm not swimming very much anymore but I've thought abut taking a Rubbermaid type sandwich container with my wallet/keys in it and burying it a few inches in the sand and putting an old cooler or towell or something like that over that spot. I don't see why it wouldn't work. You might try something like that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
To be clear, you will need an actual water proof pouch, designed for keys, phones, etc. Lots to choose from on Amazon.

I say this only so nobody thinks a regular consumer brand ziplock bag is going to be reliably waterproof. Sometimes they are, sometimes they have a minor break at the corner seams and will slowly leak.
Just make sure you use a freezer ziplock, never failed me .

·
Premium Member
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
9,968 Posts
Just make sure you use a freezer ziplock, never failed me .
When I cut up a watermelon, I put the cut pieces into ziplock bags and put them in the fridge. I always use a plate under the bag though.... because...

...In my experience, about 1 in 20 freezer bags from ziplock are not air/water tight. The little corners seem to be the weak link.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts