Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced the key fob not wanting to lock the doors after doing any work inside the vehicle?
Just as an example I found this set of wires going under my spare tire. After removing the tire I discovered it was for trailer lighting. Curious as to where it went, I removed the driver rear interior quarter panel trim and saw a harness just resting behind the plastic. I bundled everything up nice and neat and set it in a little cubby hole. It got dark / late on me so I did not reinstall the plastic yet. I went to lock the doors but the key fob wouldn't lock. I pressed unlock on the key fob and it unlocked the doors as normal.
I went to the driver door and flipped the door lock switch and all doors locked as normal. Tried the key fob again and nothing.
This very same thing also happened when I removed the factory speakers. Key fob wouldn't work at first but then I went out to test it again and BAM the doors locked as if nothing ever happened.
Again it happened after changing my break light bulbs.

It never gives me any trouble any other time, only after doing some sort of maintenance.

Vehicle: 2008 CRV AWD AT LX Trim

**Also as a side note, I did plug back in the power port cable (cigarette lighter port) but did not fit the plastic and push in the small plastic trim pins.

Thanks guys.(y)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The usual cause of the car not locking is that one of doors or hatch is not registering closed.
I agree, it's one of the first things I looked for.
I even went around and open and shut all the doors again just to make sure. After my original post I went back out with a flashlight and was looking for something not connected or anything unusual, I did discover the cargo light in the trunk wanted to stay on which also supports the open trunk door. On the dash it shows all doors closed but I know that doesn't mean I couldn't have a bad switch or something.

Reactions: Carbuff2

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just admit it: You are jinxed. 🙃

I bet that the tailgate door circuit is the culprit.
I feel like I am Jinxed sometimes.
This is my first import vehicle ever so a lot of this is new to me. I bought this car from a used car dealer and I'm coming across a lot of little issues here and there.
I'm fixing things as I go and as I can afford to do so.
You know as for the problem, I never touched a thing.
I went inside for the night, the next morning I went outside and just for the heck of it tried to lock and unlock the vehicle with the remote and it worked as usual; so confusing.
I did also change my battery in the key fob since it was on my mind and it helps me eliminate this as a culprit in the future.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
I have not had the failure to lock issue you're having, or any fob issues. But I have had some minor issues with my hatch latching. Some times it works properly. Sometimes, I have to raise it back up a little and re-close it more firmly. It has happened enough that I now check it each time I close it to see if it latched, by just pulling on it. But the hatch alignment is good, and the latch seems fine. Also, the dash warning has never once come on. The only issue I know exists there is that the struts are worn. They seem to work just fine from the bottom up, but when I open it I have to push it the rest of the way up to full open position. So I know they are shot. So I think I am going to go ahead and replace them, even though I could probably get by for a while as is. Once I do I should soon know if that was causing the latching issue. I have wondered if they were becoming stiffer at the bottom of their travel. This may not be related to your issue, but I thought I'd throw it in anyway, just as a possibility, something to check. I replaced the struts on my '91 Civic Wagon once, and it made a world of difference in ease of use.

I will add that one thing I love about the CR-V is that it never tries to tell me, in a soft but firm female voice, that my door is a jar, like my old '82 Maxima did. Which is good, because no amount of prompting ever convinced me that that there was any way a door could ever be a jar. Even when I was trippin.' :cool: Sometimes I still wake up from a nap hearing a faint voice whispering "Fuel level is low." I hated that car. When my wife wrecked it I felt vindicated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts