Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am new to the club and recently got myself a 2001 CRV SE. The car is great except for one issue I discoverd. If I turn the key to the on position and leave it there without starting the engine (Like when I need to roll down a window) I will get a check engine light with the code P1359. P1359 is for a Crankshaft or Camshaft Position Sensor unplugged. If I clear the code the CEL will remain off and will only return if I leave the key in the on position without starting. I have tried replacing the Crankshaft position sensor but the problem has not gone away. I am not sure if the car even has a Camshaft Position Sensor. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
When you replaced the crank position sensor did you use OEM part? The Cam sensor is part of the Distributor. Is the engine running Normally? Was anything done before this happened?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have only owned the car for about 2 weeks and I an not sure of the cars past mechanical history. I did not use a OEM crank sensor, However it seemed to make no diffearance as the symptoms have not changed. The engine runs perfectly unless the P1359 code is present. If I run the car with the P1359 i get a reduction in gas milage but performance seem normal. I just seem odd that I will only get the P1359 code if I leave the ignition in the on position without starting the car for 10 or more seconds. If I start the car right away the CEL light will never stay on and the car runs and drives 100% normal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts