Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CRVradio.jpg

Our family have driven Hondas for nearly forty years. I have wanted one for even longer, being taken by the ad on the back page of a car magazine showing a guy and his American iron at the top, and then another guy at the bottom with his Honda Coupe and a girl in a skiing outfit and another girl dressed for biking and another girl… well, you get the idea.

I have loved every Honda I have ever owned, even the humblest.

But there is something maddening about our new 2011 CRV SE. It does not apparently have a way to see what time it is without putting a key in the ignition and turning it on. Can that be right? Our 1980 Accord had a clock you could read while waiting in the parking lot for your Sweetie to return! Our 1995 Honda Accord has a button you can press and it will light up the time display for you.

Our car has this radio, which is not mentioned in the owner's manual. Does anyone know if there is a way to display the time without putting the key in and turning the car on?

I'm sorry. I don't know why the original photo showed up upside down. And I don't know how to delete it.

Attachments

·
Registered
750 Posts
My 2005 CR-V: I also need to turn the key to get the time being shown in the display - it is blank until then. And I do not know of any trick to display the time without ignition on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts