Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Crv ex all wheel drive 5 speed manual. Recently, my keyless remote started acting up:

It now ALWAYS takes 4 or 5 pushes of any button on the remote to lock or unlock the door(s) and hatch. The red light on remote lights up with every press. I tried changing the battery and reprogramming the remote. Upon reprogramming, the remote does confirm the program mode has been engaged, with each press causing the door locks to cycle, however the door lock "pegs" don't actually move up or down, but I can hear them clunking in each door. In program mode, the remote seems to function with only one press, instead of four or five presses.

Any thoughts?

I'm thinking that the reciever must be bad. Why would everything work with 4-5 presses?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, but I have one on order right now. I will post status after I attempt to program it.

Can anyone tell me if the door locks should actually lock and unlock during the cycle? Or is it normal for the solenoids to make a locking/unlocking noise without actually locking or unlocking the doors during the cycle?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts