Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was the weekend, Saturday night. 2017 Honda CR-V EX-L 112K The problem started when I arrived to my vehicle after work, all lights on. Doors or the trunk wouldn't open with my FOB. Finally I used the manual key. And started the engine with push button. 'Keyless start system Problem' message shows up. On reaching home after I parked, I could stop the engine as soon as I walked away, it got the doors auto locked as normal but in few minutes the emergency alarms came on. I couldn't acknowledge and stop it with my FOB. Doors wouldn't open again. On using the manual key the alarm stopped. But the engine wouldn't start. I changed both FOB batteries. No success. All lights remained on. Doors don't lock. Finally my battery got drained. Next day I gave it a boost it started well with the button start. Went for a drive to recharge the battery. But when I returned home same issue repeated. This whole cycle I went through twice. The same message ' Keyless start system problem' shows up.
Today being Monday I am going to take it to the dealer. But before that if I could have some feedback from the community it would be a help, as I don't trust the dealer's service technicians.
If anyone has experienced this and knows what was the issue / solution please post

·
Registered
2020 Touring Hybrid
1,787 Posts
It was the weekend, Saturday night. 2017 Honda CR-V EX-L 112K The problem started when I arrived to my vehicle after work, all lights on. Doors or the trunk wouldn't open with my FOB. Finally I used the manual key. And started the engine with push button. 'Keyless start system Problem' message shows up. On reaching home after I parked, I could stop the engine as soon as I walked away, it got the doors auto locked as normal but in few minutes the emergency alarms came on. I couldn't acknowledge and stop it with my FOB. Doors wouldn't open again. On using the manual key the alarm stopped. But the engine wouldn't start. I changed both FOB batteries. No success. All lights remained on. Doors don't lock. Finally my battery got drained. Next day I gave it a boost it started well with the button start. Went for a drive to recharge the battery. But when I returned home same issue repeated. This whole cycle I went through twice. The same message ' Keyless start system problem' shows up.
Today being Monday I am going to take it to the dealer. But before that if I could have some feedback from the community it would be a help, as I don't trust the dealer's service technicians.
If anyone has experienced this and knows what was the issue / solution please post
Sounds like the [car] battery is shot.

·
Premium Member
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
9,550 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum iashaikh9. :)

Yep.. first step is to check/eliminate the battery as cause.

And right now.. you really want it to be the starter battery is just bad, because if it is some control system in the vehicle gone bad, with parts shortages right now it might take a while to get replacement parts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just an update on my post. The dealership had to refer to Honda Technical..they recommended to change the BCM, reprogram both the keys.
Fortunately my extended warranty covered the complete expense.
After which it's been a week and no prob so far.
The dealership had to refer to Honda Technical. They advised to replace the BCM, and reprogram both the keys. Fortunately everything parts + labor was covered under the extended warranty I had bought.
It's been a week and so far no issues

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.