Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am surethat a lot of owners arent going to relate with this but I am sure that there as to be at least one more Bass Head like me.Let's start with a deep cycle gell battery(several brand names out there).Then about a one foot section of 0 gauge ground wire to add on top of OEM ground.On e-bay I found a kicker installation kit for a reasonable price which included enough 0 gauge wire to make it to cargo area and under 2 ft for the rear ground(ground is crucial.I am not going to go in to to much detail cuz I dont know how much you know and dont want to state the obvious)A 120 fuse 6" from batery is the only thing leading to my capacitor.Recently I have noticed increasingly larger ones but I am from the old school and mine is only 1 farad.(If any body knows something I dont please tell me I am always looking for improvements.As a matter of fact I am writing this as a one time installment but it is really the evolution)If my CR-V had came with a cool picnic table I don't yhink that I would have sacraficed it but it did not so I took 3/4" plywood and cut it to size spray it with adhesive and covered the top side with carpet that matched mine.underneath I mounted my capacitor with 60 fuse within 6" of my kicker zx 1000.1.On the other side I mounted my line driver,cross over,power distribution block,ground,and since I had many components a remote power block.Next was to take the kicker bass boost wire run it on opposite side from power to dash.I took the box that it came in for mounting apart so all I had was the solid state board and dial which I mounted via 3/16" hole in one of the dash pop out panals by the steering wheel.That is my favorite because people always ask"your car came with that from the factory.Set the carpeted board in thw storage space and it comes to the same level as plastic liner.2 15" kicker CV-R's in ported trunk on top of that and my kids dont want to ride with me. thinking of putting 1 or 2 10" for more frequency range. If any one has seen or heard of this or custom enclosure please reply.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
i use to have two 12s but now im down to one ten, and the box matches the carpet in my cr-v, and people always ask me if it came stock. try getting behind a caddy and bump it around a cop, 9 times out of 10 the cop will pull the caddy :D its halarious, especial living in sunny myrtle beach

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
man what a trip to hear someone else say what I have been saying.I recently replaced one of my 15's with a solobaric 12' and like the response but people look right over me to find the bang.I love my crv.Have you seen the new square MTX's?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have 1 10" JL Audio sub in a custom box that is fit into the side (the plastic was cut). It fits nicely and I lost almost no cargo space. Here are some quick pics. If you really want bass, then I would do 2 10's and add a box on the other side. Minimal cargo space loss and good thump.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Nice install!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts