Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I switch from KM back to Miles?
I know...I know! "It's in the manual" is what I'm told but.... I cannot find it in my manual and no amount of toggling thru the controls has gotten me to a point where I can change it. So please can someone just give it to me step by step or send me written instructions. Thanks!

·
Administrator
3,435 Posts
I had a dealer reset my cruise control speed reading to KM/h.... just the CC....it took a deep dive into the manual to fix. And lots of patience.
You will have to dive in, but which reading are you trying to change.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
How do I switch from KM back to Miles?
I know...I know! "It's in the manual" is what I'm told but.... I cannot find it in my manual and no amount of toggling thru the controls has gotten me to a point where I can change it. So please can someone just give it to me step by step or send me written instructions. Thanks!
On your steering wheel, press the Information button . It is located just below the volume control with the letter I on it. That allows you to cycle through the information icons you see on the screen directly behind the steering wheel.

One of the preset icons has 2 rectangles with arrows showing a switch. One of the rectangles will say KM to MILES.

When you see this icon, you will be instructed to press and hold the ENTER button. The ENTER button is located in the middle of the 4-way toggle switch, which is what you use to change radio channels. While pressing the ENTER button, you will see your display change from KM to MILES.

That should do it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had a dealer reset my cruise control speed reading to KM/h.... just the CC....it took a deep dive into the manual to fix. And lots of patience.
You will have to dive in, but which reading are you trying to change.
I love to change odometers to km, but look like there is no way, only can cruise reading change.

·
Registered
17 Posts
On your steering wheel, press the Information button . It is located just below the volume control with the letter I on it. That allows you to cycle through the information icons you see on the screen directly behind the steering wheel.

One of the preset icons has 2 rectangles with arrows showing a switch. One of the rectangles will say KM to MILES.

When you see this icon, you will be instructed to press and hold the ENTER button. The ENTER button is located in the middle of the 4-way toggle switch, which is what you use to change radio channels. While pressing the ENTER button, you will see your display change from KM to MILES.

That should do it.
Can odometer be changed with that or just cruise control display speed ?

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
I don't have option for change miles to km.
If you can't see that option on the screen behind the steering wheel, you'll have to go into your system information through your console / radio.

Follow this video:
. When you get to the add icons, you should be able to see the M to KM option, then add.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you can't see that option on the screen behind the steering wheel, you'll have to go into your system information through your console / radio.

Follow this video:
. When you get to the add icons, you should be able to see the M to KM option, then add.
We talking about CR-V 2016 Touring ?

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
I thought this video shows you how to get into your vehicles "brain". Follow this video up to where the salesperson shows all the functions that the "brain" operates. Have you pressed the icon for "Information" or "Settings" or "System"? Play around within each of these subroutines until you get to where you can add/subtract icons. That should be where you can make the change you want.

Two other options: 1.] find another model just like yours either in your neighborhood or at work and ask its owner if they know how to do what you want done; 2.] it to take it to the dealer and have your salesperson / service manager reset it for you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts