Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new on here - so not sure where this thread is being posted. I have a 2003 MK2 CRV Sport auto 130k miles. Great car. So great I don't want to replace it until the bitter end. Frustrating problem: knock sensor thread on the engine has been stripped. Trusted usual independent mechanic scratching head. Honda main dealer suggests engine out and re-thread (£1.2k just to remove the engine). After the initial diagnosis by my usual mechanic, I just kept driving with the engine check light on - still do. Maybe the CRV is low on idle revs. Maybe it does not pick up from a standing start sometimes - I leave a decent traffic gap just in case. Otherwise fine to drive. Frustrating that the engine management system thinks there is a problem because of the faulty sensor when the engine is basically fine. Any thoughts on how to deal with this? Just keep driving without a fix? Somehow rethread without taking the engine out? Weld a or glue a new sensor in? Is my extremely useful CRV doomed because of this relatively trivial component fault? Much appreciate any ideas anyone has on here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts