Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering has anyone gotten the Ktuner to work on the Gen 2 CRV with 4wd At? I was thinking about boosting my wife crv for some extra power. Either going to be using a Jackson racing s/c adapted from an RSX or one of those sidewinder turbo kits. Just looking for at 250 whp just to be safe, but I seen k24a1 do north of 300whp easy, but they were on 6MT trannies

Or does hondata make anything for the At 05 CRV?

I have flashpro on my v6 6mt accord that I had to adapted a TL 07-08 ecu and rewire stuff to get it to work. Just wondering if someone has done the same, but for the CRV?

Or would I be better off just doing a piggy back such as the AEM FIC (not as good as option above)

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yeah I left him a message also.

I also emailed ktuner and they don't have a timetable for the crv at the moment since there isn't a big market. So unless we all want to mass email them and show them a market. Its going to be a long time for the gen2. It will probably get skipped.

I mean if you can get 10whp and a few ft/lb of tq with a stock motor for ~500 bucks and the ability to retune for boost why not.

I spend double to get flashpro working on my other car.

Just trying to get this done so I can drop a tsx vtec valve train on the crv.

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
Yeah I left him a message also.

I also emailed ktuner and they don't have a timetable for the crv at the moment since there isn't a big market. So unless we all want to mass email them and show them a market. Its going to be a long time for the gen2. It will probably get skipped.

I mean if you can get 10whp and a few ft/lb of tq with a stock motor for ~500 bucks and the ability to retune for boost why not.

I spend double to get flashpro working on my other car.

Just trying to get this done so I can drop a tsx vtec valve train on the crv.
You might be lucky to find a hand full of interested members.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I can only hope
I mean we do have an awesome block with a lot of potential. Guys on k20a easily make 300-400whp on stock internals on the k24a1.

You should start a thread similar to a group buy where 2nd gen owners can register/sign up or have their names in some sort of list and send it to ktuner. Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and they'd be able to work something out if enough people here are interested? Just my 2¢.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well looks like boomslang is willing to make a harness for the aem fic for 350 + shipping and dual ecu for kpro for 450 + shipping.

Look like i will be going with the aem fic just to keep cost down and getting a turbo and manifold from a tsx. Maybe 6-8psi. Should be good for 250-300whp.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hope it works out for you let us know! Might do the same if It works out
Will do. I assume no one has access to a paper copy of the 2005 crv ecu wiring diagram? I have access for both the TSX and Accord e-shop manuals. So I am pretty sure I can engineer something

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I found the CRV wiring diagram and it doesn't match up with the accord expecially with the transmission. The solenoids are different so it doesn't look like it would work. The wiring is about 80% match though but located on different connectors. The Accord 06-07 has a MAF sensor while the CRV does not and the CRV has the dual intake runners while the Accord does not.

Going to see if a rsx base would be a better match

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
RSX base ecu is a better match but will require you to swap the drive by wire to an electronic TB. Not going to be an easy project to try to retrofit an ECU from another car into the CRV since some of the sensor are driven off the ecu and some are driven off an auxiliary sensor.

So I think the best opinion now would be to convert the DBW to cable and make the car more like the 02-04 crv. Down side would be you would lose cruise control, VSA, and something else.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you really want to go boost now you can just get the AEM FIC and get boomslang to make you a harness. The AEM FIC already has boost control so that is one less thing you need to buy.

On a side note. I just bought an RSX/TSX Underdrive pulley and will see if it will work on the CRV. I will report back in another thread once its done and hopefully give you guys the right belt size also

1 - 20 of 39 Posts