Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any experience with Kumho tires (either TA 11 or TA 31)? 2000 CR-V , 200, 1300 mileage, tire size: 205/70/15, car garaged & maintained

Drive locally in So. California city /suburbs . Infrequent driving on the freeways once/twice monthly (No snow or off-road use)
Average yearly mileage is 5000 miles. Am retired on a fixed budget. Michelins oil Bridgestones are pricey but I don't want to
buy junky tires. Loved my General tires on a Saturn station wagon but a tire dealer told me they are very noisy & advised avoiding them.

Thanks for your help

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,777 Posts
We have found that Hankook 727 tires are very long lasting. They did get a bit noisy towards the end.

Ran a set between 2011 and 2017 on our ‘06. Would need to look up the exact mileage they lasted but I was happy with them.

Don’t compare the OEM Hankook tires that many complained about.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I have TA11's on four of our cars now--no issues, they ride quiet, and grip well. Except on my '09--a bad alignment in the rear has severely cupped the rear tires, so I'm having to replace them now, and I'm considering the Kumho Crugen HP71 as well, or Yokohama Geolandar G015. I used to use Yokohama--they were good tires (way better than any crap Michelin I've ever owned, and I'd been through several $ets), but they got more expensive over the years. The Civic has Kumho Sense radials--a bit older but still intact, and no issues with those either.

You can go to a 215/70R15 or 205/75R15 on your first gen CR-V with no rubbing issues. My TA11s are 205/75R15, but either one will correct the ~3% error in speedometer reading that Hondas have. (72-73 MPH on the speedometer was an actual 70 MPH per GPS and radar.) The 205/75 will give a little more cushion; the 215/70 will be a bit wider. I've used both. And the 215/70 was a common size on cars like the Buick LeSabre, so they are easy to find.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I got the Kumho Crugen HP71. Tire Rack currently has a $100 rebate available for a set of four, which put their price with shipping lower than everyone else (which hasn't been the case in recent years--I quit buying from them since they got too expensive). I might see if someone can shave down my front set of TA11s and keep them on hand for future use (provided we keep one of the '09s).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts