Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need some new front struts.

What do you guys/gals in here prefer...KYB or Monroe...? Quality, durability, longevity etc. Also...Is Rockauto a pretty safe/reputable online parts store...?

I have read and saw some negative reviews for Rockauto so I am a little hesitant to buy some struts/shocks from them. I also went on their website and the site looks old/outdated and a little shady.

I want to get the struts by the end of the month because when I went to Rockauto's website...I saw that both KYB and Monroe are having discount rebate promos for specific models and the rebate promo ends at the end of the month.

Also...Does anyone know if the KYB and Monroe Strut Rebate Promo cycles/rolls back every now and than...As in monthly, annually or seasonally...? Just in case I can't get them by the end of the month I will have to probably wait until the next promo rebate rolls around.

Also...If Rockauto is a no go...What are some of my best options for buying Struts...? Should I go online...Amazon, Ebay, 3rd Party Parts Store? Or should I just go ahead and stop by my local Autozone, O'Reilly or Pep Boys store instead...?

Help...?!

·
Registered
'98 EX AWD
348 Posts
I have bought many parts from RockAuto and would do so again in a heartbeat if any of my vehicles require work. I've never had an issue. Their website is setup like a parts catalog, I find it very easy to use.

I just recently installed some KYB front struts from Rockauto, no complaints and their customer service is absolutely fantastic. You can google search for a 5% discount code as well.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,065 Posts
I've bought lots of stuff from rock auto and it's worked out great. However was disappointed by the bound/rebound control from the kyb for my Pilot and would stick with Honda.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Would you guys suggest KYB over Monroe...? I did some research and some posts have said that KYB is pretty close to OEM specs. If the KYB is a generic OEM part than I would rather get the KYB over the Monroe.

Is the KYB more stiff than the Monroe...? Some posts have said that the KYB struts are slightly stiffer than the Monroe.

Any info as to when the promo rebates for KYB and Monroe cycles or rolls around...? I might have to take advantage of this month's rebate before I have to wait too long before the next promo rebate rolls around.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looked up RockAuto and I think they are based in the Midwest/East Coast. Do they primarily serve a Midwest/East coast clientele or do they serve all of the US...?

I am in CA. Do you think it is much more of a hassle for me to get parts from RockAuto since RockAuto primarily serves the Midwest/East coast...?

Anyone in here from CA and have bought parts from RockAuto...?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Rockauto is amazing. I have bought so many items from them. Recently upgraded to kyb shocks and new Dobinson springs. Honestly they ride fine no issues. Oem was nice and so far the kyb have been good. I can’t really say what is amazing because my other car is slammed on coils. To me the CRv is a pretty plush ride overall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.