Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has experienced this? It is very disconcerting. I am not "departing" from a lane nor am I crossing a white line. The steering wheel sort oi shimmies by itself and then the light goes on. The dealer (HAH) says it is due to the electronics in the steering. My vehicle has only 1600 miles on it. It is the 2018 CRV Touring model--snappy looking but nothing like my sweet 2006 that my neighbor is still driving. Any advice? Thanks ellen

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,073 Posts
It's nudging you back into the lane and away from the markings.
There is so much tech on these cars that I recommend watching Honda's videos

·
Registered
2018 CR-V EX-L FWD Modern Steel Metallic
1,213 Posts
yup... a little surprising the first couple times, then you will get use to it.

when I finally figured out the chirp on the LA, that quit bugging me.

i truly like the speed control at lower speeds. :) my 2001 Accord didn't support that.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well, this occurs when I have the turn signal on and am making a careful lane change. It is a pain in the ass for sure. Can I get it disabled?
Sitting in the driver's seat, look down at the lower dash by your left knee. See the row of buttons, the one in the far left upper corner should have a green LED lit. Press this button, that will turn off the Lane monitor system. Now, if the car was doing the steering wheel wobble while you had the turn signal on, that would indicate to me your car has an issue. This should be very easy for the dealer to confirm, turn the lane monitor system on, use the turn signal and change lanes, if the wheel wobbles for the dealer there's the proof there is an issue. Now if you forgot to turn on the turn signal and the steering wheel wobbles as you change lanes, then the system is working correctly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.