Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 CRV. There are some items I would like to transport that are in the range of 79" long that I am afraid will not allow the trunk door to shut completely. I looked at the door but there do not seem obvious attachment points to use bungee or similar to latch the door shut? Has anyone managed to come up with a method?

·
Everything in Moderation
7,887 Posts
An open rear hatch sucks exhaust fumes into the car.

Roof rack (or, if your V has a hitch) a rear carrier?

If the objects are long but narrow, let 'em stick out the passenger side window...

Maybe, rent the Home Depot pickups for $19.95 an hour?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even at speed? It would not have to be open much, only enough at bottom to squeeze extra few inches of length. I would be happy to keep windows open for the duration of this short trip.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
110 inches is available...

I have a 2012 CRV. There are some items I would like to transport that are in the range of 79" long that I am afraid will not allow the trunk door to shut completely. I looked at the door but there do not seem obvious attachment points to use bungee or similar to latch the door shut? Has anyone managed to come up with a method?
In my 2010, I move the right front seat full back or lay down, fold the center arm rest/cup holder in rear down, and the length from the left corner of the rear hatch (Tailgate) to the windshield on the right front is about 110 inches. I put towels on the parts of long things that are in contact with seats and dash.

To bungee the Tailgate, I remove the access plate for manual operation of the Tailgate and put a bungee hook in the hole and run it to the rear tow hook, or trailer hitch if you have one. See Owners Manual under "Tailgate"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Downunder. I don't see anything in the manual about what you describe. I know the 2010 is slightly different than the 2012 - do you just pull out the rubber button? Im considering using the license plate bolts too...

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Page 361 of your Manual

Thanks Downunder. I don't see anything in the manual about what you describe. I know the 2010 is slightly different than the 2012 - do you just pull out the rubber button? Im considering using the license plate bolts too...
Page 361 in your Owners Manual?

I leave the cover off so if I need it I do not need a screw driver. My '10 can be opened with a finger after removing the cover.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts