Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently updated my IOS on phone and the graphics are also improved when using Apple CarPlay. Noticed this yesterday, the album cover art is larger and titles are easier to read. There is also a difference when using Hands free SIRI and talk to text features. Check em out.

BTW, tripped 40 k yesterday. Only took 2 yr 9 mos. So far so good on everything. Well, the head unit gets a little wonky every so often but nothing that can't be corrected.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,905 Posts
Good to hear. (y)

You never know when a major iOS update comes... if it improves or degrades in performance and interaction with the vehicle.

·
Registered
2020 Honda CR-V EX AWD
48 Posts
How do you update the CarPlay firmware? Take it to the dealer or using the iPhone? I can't find YouTube how to update the firmware since the iPhone firmware was updated to 14.0+
Thank you.

·
Banned
2020 CR-V Touring Hybrid
137 Posts
How do you update the CarPlay firmware? Take it to the dealer or using the iPhone? I can't find YouTube how to update the firmware since the iPhone firmware was updated to 14.0+
Thank you.
You shouldn’t need to do anything to the cars Infotainment system if that’s your question. Are you having an issue with CarPlay since the iOS update? You might want to update your profile with your vehicle information so people can better assist when you have a question.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,905 Posts
Thank you.
There is really nothing to update. The core code in the head units is very basic and designed such that the "smarts" and "features" of CarPlay are on the phone side of things. Think of your CarPlay user interface you see on your head unit as more like the display monitor on a personal computer (where the smarts and features are all on the computer side). And PC OS is rarely ever updated for new drivers for display monitors. Same principle with CarPlay, with the smarts on the phone side and the display and basic interface controls on the head unit.

So.. everything CarPlay wise is on Apples end of things. The vehicle just needs to have the core code to interface with CarPlay.

As for iOS14.x while it has been a fairly smooth rollout by Apple.. it is NOT bug free. Personally, I delay major updates on iOS as long as possible so that Apple has time to patch out all the serious bugs before I start chipping my teeth on a new iOS. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree with William on OS updates on waiting. 14.0 has some bugs as expected, and reports are 14.0.1 has even more issues so stay away from that one.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I still haven't done mine yet, too lazy I guess.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
3,671 Posts
I still haven't done mine yet, too lazy I guess.
You are not lazy. It just lacks importance to you at this time.

Reactions: Sorpious
1 - 10 of 10 Posts