Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaking coolant from engine block

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Michael*11 
#1 ·
While driving my wife's 2001 the temp started rising so when we got back home I traced the leak to a small made hole on the driver's backside of the block. I've searched everywhere on what the hole is for and if I can use steel epoxy and plug the hole. If anyone has any idea what this hole is for pls let me know, thank you

#2 ·
Welcome to the community.

Post a picture.

But at the end of the day If you fluid zipping out a place it's not designed to come out, then you need to fix it the right way.
The only hole water/coolant should come out is the weeping hole from the water pump, and that is it let you know the water pump is busted.
Aside from any drain plugs of course.

#3 ·
Welcome to the community.

Post a picture.

But at the end of the day If you fluid zipping out a place it's not designed to come out, then you need to fix it the right way.
The only hole water/coolant should come out is the weeping hole from the water pump, and that is it let you know the water pump is busted.
Aside from any drain plugs of course.
Thanks for replying it's not the water pump cause the hole is by itself on the block but I will send a pic tomorrow when I start working on it again. The only thing I can think of is a small freeze plug but I didn't think the freeze plugs would b that small. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.