Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone
I have a 2009 Honda CR-V RHD (Japanese Model) with leather interior (pearl ivory) and the left & right side armrests are peeling.I want to replace them and would like to know where i can purchase them online.I want to be sure the armrests are for RHD Vehicles as for example if i buy the Right side armrest for a LHD Vehicle the window control spacing will not be correct as it will be for the passenger side instead of the driver side.Any recommendations ? Thanks
IMG_3047.jpg

·
Registered
252 Posts
My searching has found you can get OEM for around 230.00. (dealers and Amazon) Yeah, 230.00 . I found aftermarket but they only make black and my 08 is grey. I also need to replace the flip down arm rest covers as they are worn as well. Our V will be 10 in November so you have to expect some wear I guess.

Let me know if you find anything as well. I don't think getting them from an auto reclamation business will get me much more than I currently have.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you have patience, don't get the OEM. You can just get the leather replacement for $35. It's actually been better quality for me.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I don't know about RHD vehicles and the part numbers needed, but the bubbling material for the armrests is a known issue. Honda actually sold replacement armrests under different part numbers to correct this, and I believe it originally might have been covered under warranty. The bulletin I linked below mentions that lotions or cosmetics can react with the leather and make it bubble.

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMOTOR/TSb/DownloadPdf?id=166276

Important--if you go to a Honda parts dealer online and browse for the armrest, the part number is different from those in the bulletin. It is possible that the new part numbers in the bulletin supersede the old, but why take chances? I would only order the newer part numbers shown in the bulletin.

We are looking at buying another 2009 CR-V and the driver's door armrest is usually not in good shape. It's ~$175 to replace, but with the rest of the interior being nice, I don't mind paying to have good, original parts to keep it looking nice.

The passenger side armrest in my '09 is now bubbling also. And, the passenger had used suntan lotion on our recent trip to Arizona. So rather than live with it, I may replace it if I can't find a way to repair it. Can't say I'm 100% confident in any YouTube video procedures, but will give it a try anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts