Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, it's my first post and yes, it sounds a bit ridiculous. But after a month of owning my EX-L, I noticed that something in the driver's leather seat was poking at my right thigh. Not so bad at first, but after 20+ minutes of driving, it's pretty uncomfortable. At first I thought it was just break-in, but then I found the issue.

So today, after getting out of the car, I began to press down on the seat and noticed two areas on the inner seam (where the center section meets the right side bolster) where something is protruding just enough to poke the driver in the back of the leg. Like a metal clip or something.

I noticed this is also present on the passenger seat, but it's mirrored, so it would poke the passenger in the left leg.

Anyone else notice this? I've owned other Hondas with leather seats, but I've never noticed this sort of thing. It stinks because the seats are quite comfortable otherwise.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Checked my seats in the area you described but have found nothing. there are clips and reinforcement strips used in the seams keep them from tearing apart. Sounds like you may have some defect in the seat's construction. You should take the vehicle back to the dealer, they can replace the seats

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE: Took it to the dealer, they pressed down on the seats and could feel the "clips" as well. The bad news is, they checked the two EX-Ls in the showroom and those leather seats had the same issue. So the service guy disappeared for a minute and spoke to someone (probably the service manager) then came back to tell me they've been authorized to pull the seat and see if they can correct the issue. Not replace the seat, but maybe fix the piece that's jabbing me in the rear end.

Of course, I'm the first person to report this to that particular dealership. It sounds like I'm also the first on this forum to report it. I did some solace in the fact that the service guys could also feel this thing in the seat, but I'm not so sure they can fix it. I'll give it a go, though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts