Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to buy the 2013 CRV EXL with nav - until I saw how awful the seat upholstery is. Why oh why oh why did Honda choose to go with a pleated/shirred upholstery?

2007-Honda-CR-V-interior-3.jpg

I don't know of any other cars - including the Pilot, Accord, and Civic - that have upholstery like this. The Accord has a very small amount of pleating... barely any. The seats look used, and the pleats will get dirty (I wanted the beige or grey interior).

Does anyone know of any other cars that are doing this? Why would Honda do this only to the CRV?

Will the 2014 CRV have it? When is it projected to come out?

·
Registered
345 Posts
You will have to ask the designers. There is no mechanical reason to make it this way, only style. It seems to me that a plain smooth leather would be cheaper, less leather and labor too. Personally, I don't mind either way, but I did get black interior, so the 'dirty' look is less of a concern. The 2013 CR-V became available in late October, 2012, so I would think that the 2014 should be available in late October, 2013. Whether it will have similar seat isn't generally known right now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts