600 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
halogens for low beams, why?
I have an EX-L. After a lot of research, I decided that if I were to replace the halogens with something else it would be LEDs. However, none of the bulbs on the market now are specifically designed for use in the projector housing in the CR-V. None that I know of are DOT approved for on road use at this point, unless they were installed by the factory in approved housings. I'm sure that there are many for sale that should be approved, but until they are I'm not willing to risk the liability of potential litigation if I were to be in an accident where the use of unapproved light bulbs were to be called into question in a court of law.

If LED headlights were that important to me, I would have purchased a Touring instead of an EX-L.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, so I have been a lurker for a long time. I joined today so I could post this question. I have a 2017 CR-V Touring. I bought the SiriusLED fog lamps and received them today from Amazon. I made that choice from reading this thread. I came back today for install instructions and I see a lot of people like the JDM ASTAR fog lamps. The price is only $5 difference so I am not concerned about that. Should I just stick with the SIRIUSLED or will they blind oncoming traffic? I can't seem to get a true answer. I saw one member covered the front LED with electrical tape. I really just want the new LED fog lamps for aesthetics. Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Here are mine, I couldn't decide between yellow or bright white, so I got a bulb that has both colors. The color can be switched by simply turning off and turn them back on.

Yellow Outside:

White Outside:

White from the driver side:

Yellow from the driver side:

high res image upload
How are you liking these bulbs?
Do you feel like the white option matches the oem led touring color?
Any problems that you have experienced with them?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Fitz , how long is the heat sink of this led bulb installed by the windshield washer tank? I am thinking of getting the morimoto led 2 stroke and it is 1-1/4"" long, so I'm afraid that it will not fit with the windshield washer tank in the way? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Led low beam headlights

Has anyone installed the Morimoto 2 Stroke LED h11 on a 2017 Honda CRV? Just wondering about the beam pattern from the projector lens ?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am very picky about driving lights. I got the Touring model primary just for the legal LED lights, since they were rated acceptable (A) vs the halogen marginal (M) on the 2017 IHS light ratings. But I still found the factory LED rather poor (esp for deer sightings and wild life on the side) and the halogen factory fog H8 lamps were were pretty pathetic and a weird color match to the LEDs.

So I stated a "holy light LED grail" search for the best CR-V fog LED lamp search. I first got the $30 JDM Adstar H11 fog lamps, not bad, but just still wished for something brighter. So ok, but not great. After a few months of use, I searched for something better.

So I tried next the "legal" Philips H11 for LED lamps. Actually pretty good and great warranty- good forward and side throw. But still just still did not seem as good ss my Rigid fog lamps I had put on an older car, so I wanted at least equal performance. I thought about trying to retro fit the RIGID Industries LEDs Fog (SAE compliant) LEDs to the CR-V, just it seem to be very difficult to accomplished. And they are around $240 + normal installation. I figured on the CRr-V would need a total custom cutout/mount or some external mounting. Cost would be $400+ or more. Either way, a lot of cost, not just how it would be done and possible just not good looking either. So back to the holy grail search.

So tired, the Beamtech H11 LED. Very bright forward, but not not really good on side throw, so went back go the the prior Phillips H11 LED for awhile. BTW, none of the above caused any other cars to flash their high beams, so good.

So saw that Siriusled had a new 2nd gen ZES LED MZ H11 LED rated at 8000 lumens. It had a fan, so some concerns, but claimed 2 year warranty. The CR-V other bulbs had kep clean so far, so area does not seem too exposed to road grime. Fan might be ok. So purchaed for $60.

So far, the Siriyusled SM leds are very bright and have the side throw I also wanted. So in a month of use, I have NOT gotten flashed, but I suspect it is on the border of acceptance of other drivers. They are that bright. It is good enoght for now. :)

Finally, I hace gotten good augmented throw with my main LEDs. It almost looks seamless, so pleaed. I can now see the very comman deer much easier, so feel better about drivgn at night in my Colorado area.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi Fitz , how long is the heat sink of this led bulb installed by the windshield washer tank? I am thinking of getting the morimoto led 2 stroke and it is 1-1/4"" long, so I'm afraid that it will not fit with the windshield washer tank in the way? Thanks for your help!
It fits snug and touches the washer tank. I ran it that way for 10 months without any melting issues. Different brands may have different amounts of heat, so be careful.

I have changed back to a standard bulb (aftermarket Phillips) after 10 months with the LED. I feel the standard is better. It doesn’t have the pretty white look, but it has better throw. The close, white, bright appearance of the aftermarket LEDs plays tricks on your eyes making it more difficult to see distance.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Siriusled had a new 2nd gen ZES LED MZ H11 LED

Do you have a link to the product on Amazon?

Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
So I stated a "holy light LED grail" search for the best CR-V fog LED lamp search. I first got the $30 JDM Adstar H11 fog lamps, not bad, but just still wished for something brighter. So ok, but not great. After a few months of use, I searched for something better.
I got the JDM, too, a couple of weeks back. Against the wall in the garage, I can see the sharp cutoff of the fog lights and how it throws the light in front of me. But in real world driving, I don't see much in front or to the side. Maybe it's not bright enough or maybe it's the white light getting washed out.

I should have gone with my initial lean to go with amber led or dual color led fog lights. Fortunately, I am still within the return window to swap them out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's why I havent pulled the trigger...I've read similar reviews about the LEDs not having the distance... Thanks again for your input!

201 - 220 of 254 Posts