Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
121 - 140 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
thanks Fitz! I will buy the yellow ones you suggested..
thanks,
Billy

I used these for the fogs . They look great and provide good yellow light to the ground.
Calais Extremely Bright LED H8 COB Chips 30W Fog Light Bulbs Plug-n-Play(pack of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CTMT2LY/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_9Af0ybTW7CBPW

For headlights I used these:
SiriusLED Extremely Bright COB LED Chip 8000 Lumens Headlights Fog Lights Bulb Conversion Kit H11 H8 6000K Xenon White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J6YGGZ8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_8Xbzid2WzBDpk

For high beams I used these:
NIGHTEYE 9005 HB3 LED Headlight Conversion Driving lamp 6500K Cool White 72W 9000LM - 3 Year Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KLWDJAE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_Ha9LA2yT7ZpPx

I am very satisfied with the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
184 Posts
Fitz when you got time can you post a picture from inside looking out with fogs on?
Pix from the drivers seat.

Straight ahead fogs on

Straight ahead fogs off

Looking to the right fogs on

Looking to the right fogs off

Driveway left view fogs on

Driveway fogs off

It should be noted that I have the LED headlights installed which wash over a lot of the yellow.

·
Registered
20 Posts
That is a good amount of yellow on the ground. Am I correct in thinking they only cast light down and to the sides, and not up like the circular bulbs without cutoff?
I am guessing that unless the bottom of the reflector is taped off or block in some other way, there will be reflection upward. Note how in the photo there is immediate yellow light be cast on the ground in front of the vehicle - same thing is happening upward. Also, the halo appears to be symmetrical around the entire light. Physics - nature of the beast.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I used these for the fogs . They look great and provide good yellow light to the ground.
Calais Extremely Bright LED H8 COB Chips 30W Fog Light Bulbs Plug-n-Play(pack of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CTMT2LY/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_9Af0ybTW7CBPW

For headlights I used these:
SiriusLED Extremely Bright COB LED Chip 8000 Lumens Headlights Fog Lights Bulb Conversion Kit H11 H8 6000K Xenon White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J6YGGZ8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_8Xbzid2WzBDpk

For high beams I used these:
NIGHTEYE 9005 HB3 LED Headlight Conversion Driving lamp 6500K Cool White 72W 9000LM - 3 Year Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KLWDJAE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_Ha9LA2yT7ZpPx

I am very satisfied with the results.

Hello Fitz,Thanks for the photos.
They look good.
Just wondering was there any reason you went for two different brands (and color temp 6 vs 6.5) for your Low and High beam lights?
Since bulbs of your links are little longer than OPT7, was there enough space(particularly side where washer fluid container is) to install them?Or was it too tight?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hello Fitz,Thanks for the photos.
They look good.
Just wondering was there any reason you went for two different brands (and color temp 6 vs 6.5) for your Low and High beam lights?
Since bulbs of your links are little longer than OPT7, was there enough space(particularly side where washer fluid container is) to install them?Or was it too tight?
Everything fit easy. I was unsure if I wanted the all of the lights due to little testing and info out there. I bought them in stages. I didn't want to purchase the high beams until I was convinced it was a good conversation. The reason for difference in brands; it was nothing more then an experiment based on the reviews on Amazon at the time of purchase.

It should be noted that the install of the plugs for the headlights and high beams are backwards. On the high beams I had to file down the nubs for the plugs to fit smoothly.

I'll take pictures of the fit under the hood when I get home from work and post them.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Fitz did you have to adjust your lights with the tool provided or put them in factory sent? I just got mine in and wanted your wisdom.... View attachment 81170
Wisdom is a title I'm not prepared to claim.

I installed the lights as is and did not adjust them. The pattern looked pretty good to me The way it came..

·
Registered
184 Posts
Everything fit easy. I was unsure if I wanted the all of the lights due to little testing and info out there. I bought them in stages. I didn't want to purchase the high beams until I was convinced it was a good conversation. The reason for difference in brands; it was nothing more then an experiment based on the reviews on Amazon at the time of purchase.

It should be noted that the install of the plugs for the headlights and high beams are backwards. On the high beams I had to file down the nubs for the plugs to fit smoothly.

I'll take pictures of the fit under the hood when I get home from work and post them.

The tightest fit is the headlight next to the washer fluid container (passenger side). It is right on it but there is no pressure applying to the light. The washer container will wiggle a little to give room for the install.

Fitz

·
Registered
77 Posts
The tightest fit is the headlight next to the washer fluid container (passenger side). It is right on it but there is no pressure applying to the light. The washer container will wiggle a little to give room for the install.

Fitz
Thank you for the photos.Looks good!.
I am not sure about how much heat these lights produce on heat sink on the back side.If the heatsink touching the washer fluid container do you think it will be a concern in long run?Thanks

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thank you for the photos.Looks good!.
I am not sure about how much heat these lights produce on heat sink on the back side.If the heatsink touching the washer fluid container do you think it will be a concern in long run?Thanks
The heat transfer is a good point. I don't think it will be a problem, but time will tell.

I'm going to get a piece of head shield tape and stick it on the washer reservoir. Thanks for bringing that up!

Thermo-Tec 13575 12" X 24" Adhesive Backed Heat Barrier https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00029KC2K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_1fb2ybAZD7HRF

·
Registered
10 Posts
How difficult was the install? My 2012 was a pain to install. Arm gets all scraped up by the plastic shielding. Hopefully my 2017 won't be as bad.
It took me about 20-25 minutes (15 minute one side and 5-10 minute other side)
There is 2 plastic clips underneath foglight location on each side. Just be careful not to damage those clips.
After you remove those clips, you should have enough room to put your hand inside and it's pretty much plug-and-play from there. Good luck!

121 - 140 of 254 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.