Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok CRV family I'm looking for some in sight on some of the new Led head light kits ... I was doing research and notice that the led head light kits might work out better then the hid convenience wise. Don't have to disable the DRL and pretty Ez to install and full functions of oem available .. Now what I don't under stand is all the differences in the lights... One comes as a stand alone just with a rear fan , another comes with a ballast .. Some come with different types of LEDs !!! Just looking to see what experience everyone has had with led headlights ??? Any advise or direction I think lights are my next mod head lights and fogs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am also looking for improvements in my 2009 CRV headlights. I tried upgrade bulbs from Powerbulbs with little improvement. I just spent several hours reading reviews for opt-7 Fluxbeam with positive feedback. There were several CRV owners that used them and the results were positive. I even found a you-tube of someone installing LED lights in a CRV.

Has anyone tried these bulbs?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am also looking for improvements in my 2009 CRV headlights. I tried upgrade bulbs from Powerbulbs with little improvement. I just spent several hours reading reviews for opt-7 Fluxbeam with positive feedback. There were several CRV owners that used them and the results were positive. I even found a you-tube of someone installing LED lights in a CRV.

Has anyone tried these bulbs?
I also read on the opt7 but I did see a review from someone's Instagram that the light dispense all over the place

·
Registered
254 Posts
I put a pair of the OPT7 in my 2011 Pilot, ran them for a couple weeks and pulled them out. First off, I loved the bright white light of the LEDs. A couple issues with them I had. First. The keyed mounting ring did not position the LEDs properly. Per OPT7 they need to be at 3 and 9, with the default they were at 1 and 7 on one side and 11 and 5 on the other. This lead to blinding oncoming drivers and not enough light on the road. I modified the rings to position the LEDs correctly and the light on the road was much better. Still had issues with cutoff though. With standard halogen, if you shine your lows on a wall, you see a definite line where the light stops, i.e. most goes on the road. With the LEDs, there was a lot of bleed or cross over where a significant amount was above that line. Got tired of having people flash highs at me so I pulled them.

Pros: Really lights up road signs / reflectors well.
Easy to install
Very white without the work of HID ballasts needing installed.
Extremely well constructed.
Reasonably priced at 99.00

Cons: Too much light outside of the cutoff area.
mounting ring not properly installed for correct LED orientation

Our 2016 Accord has the projector headlamps in it, so I am going to try the LEDs in there and see if it is any better

If I can figure out how to get that cutoff back that I have with stock bulbs, I would go back to LEDs

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2008 and I think the headlights are the best I have ever driven behind.
I have an SL500 Mercedes 1999 with zenon headlights and the Hondas are better

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
I'm using 55/100 watt halogens, didn't care for the HID or LED sets I tried. And I loathe DRL's. That fuse got pulled very early out.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Daytime Running Lights. Provide visibility to others during the day. Usually a separate bulb from your low/high beam. On our 08 EXL, they come on automatically when the car is started but you still have to turn on the low beams when it gets dark.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts