Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My only real compaint about my 2014 was the original headlamps were terrible. A little over a year ago I upgraded to LED headlamps. You can get them on Amazon from a company called BeamTech. The were $38 and change and have been wonderful. They are plug n play though I did wrap the connection with electrical tape and you will have to turn the rubber boots on the back of the headlight cover inside out in order for the boot to fit around the connection.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I had to perform the same LED bulb upgrade on my wife's 2014 CRV as well. LED dramatically improved its low beam and high beam lighting. Especially after I re-aimed its new LED light bulb's aims. Always re-adjust aim after LED bulb install. Tip for the LED bulb buyers.... Always buy LED lights with "thin" shape LED pad. And, its low beam pad has a light deflector shield. Larger size pad is NOT better.

On a sad note..... I find the LED in high beam state lacks proper lighting in the short distance range. Like a black void area in front of the vehicle. Ouch for little animals running across the country roads. To eliminate this problem, I simple installed H11 LED bulbs in its factory fog lights, Then, parallel wire them back to rear wiper fuse (with optional off/on manual switch). Now, my vehicle can use FOG lights with its high beams (and with its low beams) as well. Or, leave them on for simple DRL lights.

For more details, surf: https://www.crvownersclub.com/threads/fog-light-mod-simple-version.198119/

Hope this helps others...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts