Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with 2005 or 2006 CRV upgraded their headlights to LED? The 05/06 has a different headlight than the 02-04.
I used a pretty highly rated LED bulb with 360 degree coverage. I am not getting a good beam cutoff. Anyone has problem with the beam cutoff for the 05-06 CRV?

I never had good beam cut off. The stock headlights were dull. Now, they are bright, but still have bad beam. My headlight lenses are cloudy, but not excessively. I am wondering if the cloudy headlight could be scattering the light high. Thoughts?

·
Registered
478 Posts
I like the lights on my 06 and don't see the need to replace
the halogens with LED's. 05 and 06 light fixtures rock--Nice to have big lights.

I think you need to do some "aiming" on your lights to you
get the correct pattern that suits you.

My lenses were cloudy also and I cleared them up following
the procedure that Chris Fix recommended---here is the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEJbKLZ7RmM

It takes an hour or two and mostly--It Works.
That might also help.

But it really sounds like you need light aiming.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm no expert on LED headlight bulbs, but they may be like HIDs and need a projector lens to focus the light beam properly...? I've only ever seen LED headlights in projector housings. Also, in my experience with HIDs, hazy lenses definitely cause less light output but do not affect the aiming/focus of the bulb; though, of course, clearer is always better.

My guess would be that the LED H1s that you have are not designed to work in a reflector housing. (also: Halogen projectors and HID projectors are not interchangeable... not sure if the LEDs have their own or not.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts