Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a problem with my outside temp sensor, which caused the green LED on the Dual button to flash indicating an error.
The fault was rectified and the fault code cleared but leaving the LED flashing. All the heating and fans controls worked but the A/C was now permmantly off.
Checked with Honda who said the control panel would require replacement as it was faulty, at a cost of £1000 plus.
Decided to live without the A/C and have done for over a year.
Then on YouTube I found a guy who told you a sequence of button presses to do on the climate control unit.
I tried them and now A/C is working fine.
Is Honda just trying to make money out of this expensive scam ?????.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm not sure about all models or what year you have, but on the Gen 3 at least there is a built in diagnostic test that can be initiated through a series of key presses, and that may reset the control panel in the process. When you say you checked with Honda, did they actually inspect the control panel or was that simply a comment based on your description of the issue? If they did not check the unit out for themselves, that is a surprising comment for them to say. Sadly, I do think that some dealers are out to make money, fortunately I believe my local dealer to be fairly honest.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure about all models or what year you have, but on the Gen 3 at least there is a built in diagnostic test that can be initiated through a series of key presses, and that may reset the control panel in the process. When you say you checked with Honda, did they actually inspect the control panel or was that simply a comment based on your description of the issue? If they did not check the unit out for themselves, that is a surprising comment for them to say. Sadly, I do think that some dealers are out to make money, fortunately I believe my local dealer to be fairly honest.
Yes it was checked at the dealer and I did bring to there attention that it was not likely for two faults not related to come on at the same time.
Also checking on the web in America some people had these replaced more than once???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts