Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi
Quick question.... Ive changed all interior and number plates bulbs to high quality LED bulbs.
Today I changed the side lights too (501 bulb) 6000k Led looks so much better.

Reason is I found on crv 2011, the sidelights are so small and dim ,no point in them being on, these new LEDs are great, you can actually see the point of using the sidelights now IMO.

Now im not too bothered but I heard they not legal in UK something to do with an E mark or something of the sort.
Anyone know the real situation on this as Im keeping them in but I dont see what the big deal is for a side light.....
Picture is just sidelights on in dark, they dont dazzle
Any opinions?
imageedit_1_5782883726.jpg

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,809 Posts
I bet you are referring to the E2 spec stamped on auto lighting, similar to our DOT markings in the USA.

Chances are really small that you will be hassled (unless you stupidly bring attention to your new lamps during a MOT).

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes , what I was thinking so I kept them white colour, but the lamps are osram no cheapo things and they much more useful than factory halogen which you cannot even see when on.

Its making me want to change the beam bulbs too, or is that a bad idea?
The main lights are xenon I think , they dont need messing with.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
has anyone changed their main bulbs or beams to LED>?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have not on my CRV although I intend to soon. I have on many other vehicles.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Im looking at the rear lights but thinking not worth it, so next one will be the beams as the headlights are HID at moment which are great just the beams yellow colour looks odd now with the sides and mains white.
Just trying to figure out how to get to the fog lights, that seems bit more difficult.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Done the reverse lights with these
fit directly in no issues at all look great and help the reverse cam at night, now Im thinking about changing the brake bulbs but heard this may not be a good idea on dual filament?
any opinions?
also if I change the rear indicator bulbs to led, will they hyperflash? any ideas?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts