Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to install resistors on my rear turn signal light wires. I don't know which wire has what polarity. I have a 2006 SE by the way. There are three wires for each of the rear turn signal lights on the tail light. 2 black and 1 green. The green wire is in between the 2 black wires. I just need to know which wire is positive and negative so I can splice my resistor in both turn signals. I replaced the original turn signal bulbs with LEDs, and the light is now hyper flashing (blinking fast). The resistors will fix this problem.

Thank you guys in advance!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Don't have a diagram of a '06 CRV, can't tell you which wires is the LED. A resistor doesn't have polarity. Resistor goes across/ in parallel to the LED. Your LED doesn't draw enough current and the MICU sees it as burned out bulb,thus the rapid flashing. Adding a resistor across your LED will draw more current and fool the MICU in thinking that you have a correct/good bulb.

found this diagram from the autozone web site. Your resistor goes across green and black
flash.JPG

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't know about your local autozone, but sometimes if you buy a part from them, they will install it for you. Autozone makes some of its employees get mechanic certification.
I have a very good friend who works at Autozone so any accessories I buy that he is able to install, he will do for free (although, I will often bring him food). He actually came with us when we went to buy the vehicle so he could inspect it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts