Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda,

I didn't think it was possible to make red dull, but you started doing it a couple years ago and have been refining your technique with all colors ever since. Looking at the '16s, you have reached a new level in dull. It's really bad when a color called Urban Titanium is the brightest color of the lot. If I were a criminal, I would select a Honda as my getaway car:

Ma'am, what color car did your attackers flee in?

Uhm....gray. Maybe black. It could have been red, now that I think about it.

Sir, did you get a better look?

It was brown, definitely brown. Or it could have been black. Yeah, she was right, it was black. Or gray. But it wasn't red. Or at least not a really obvious red.

Give us color lovers SOMETHING to chose from! Even the HRV mulberry and green are pretty much black when they drive by on the road. Although I hear tell the HRV red is actual bright red. I don't actually know, because I searched for an HRV for two months and never was able to see a red one.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
The red used on the HR-V is Milano red. It was used on 99-01 Preludes, 99-00 Civic Si models only abd a few others. Im sure you have seen it before but werent looking for it before.

From what Ive read on the HR-V forim is the red is the most difficult to get. Wont see many in that color for another yr or 2.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That red on the HRV could be really sharp. I searched high and low and couldn't find one in person. Maybe by the time the lease runs out on the CRV I just got the HRV will be available, have more power, be a tad bigger, and be sporting some interesting colors. Of course, I really like the CRV, but I usually don't go for the same car twice in a row.

·
Registered
499 Posts
The CR-V and Pilot color palette was selected by a committee of color blind people - that is why there are so many off grey, off brown colors. the black and white and almost blue are exceptions.

Would be nice to see a Fire Engine Red, a Flaming Sun Yellow, Pine Tree Green, Carolina Blue, Pirate Purple as color choices. But the guys that only see shades of grey pick the colors. I am shocked that Pepto Bismol Pink is not a color.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
The sad reality is that most people don't buy those colors. What I see most of are colors that are easy to keep clean….gray, silver, tan…you get the idea. I rarely see a red car and plus Honda is infamous for poor paint and eventually your red car will be pink.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When shopping for the CRV and also looking at the almost-as-dull Subaru Forester, I became convinced that if somebody would offer me a Pepto-colored car I would buy it. We have a fair number of Crosstreks around here in green and tangarine, so there is a market for the non-dull. I do think there's room in the market between the current dull, duller, dullest and neon colors.

Actually lighter colors are easier to keep clean that these dark, dull things. I'm coming from a Shimmering Sands Gold Mazda, which is actually gold/green and it showed no dirt. Before that Gallapagos Green Civic, also not a big shower of dirt. My now Copper Sunset Pearl CRV? Every dust particle shows.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Agreed. One of the more disappointing things about picking my new car is the lack of options that aren't some sort of shade of metallic grey. I settled on the Blue, mostly because it contrasts so nicely with the taillights and chrome, but other than that, there really wasn't much that was appealing. I would love some sort of green shade.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Don't forget, the product masters have got to differentiate the entire Honda line from the Acura line as well.
Color is one of the ways they do that.
It is really tricky to balance feature/option tiers in a way to provide combinations of prices/features that satisfy everyone as well as support up-selling.

That said, I sure would like a nice creamy off-white with pearl-essence option (or a white with some sparkle to it) in the CR-Vs.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I REALLY want red. Rallye red if possible but I would settle for any red. I would even be willing to pay a bit more for my next CRV if I had to order it with that colour if Honda deems it too poor a seller for regular dealer distribution. Other territories have Red so it can be done!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would so go for a purple... Like the Mulberry Metallic that they have for the HR-V, still not very bright, but purple is my color! I dislike any car in white or red, so those were totally out for me. My husband liked the Mountain Air Metallic. Again I dislike blue cars. So I chose Modern Steel which totally fit my personality of simple, yet classic. And oh yes, doesn't look filthy in 2 seconds.

·
Registered
776 Posts
If you ever travel to Japan, you'll see "dull" at it's finest !! They are just not a "look at me" culture. Everyone in business wears dark, drab suits with very conservative ties and white shirts. Sport coats ?? NEVER ! I went to a ball game one night with my reps at the Tokyo Dome and everyone wore suits. Great country - the people are wonderful, but high profile isn't in their vocabulary !! Craig

·
Registered
548 Posts
If you ever travel to Japan, you'll see "dull" at it's finest !! They are just not a "look at me" culture. Everyone in business wears dark, drab suits with very conservative ties and white shirts. Sport coats ?? NEVER ! I went to a ball game one night with my reps at the Tokyo Dome and everyone wore suits. Great country - the people are wonderful, but high profile isn't in their vocabulary !! Craig
The Japanese are taught from day one to their last dying breath to be team players. Individuality is frowned upon along with independent representation. They are oriented toward total loyalty and never to question authority. Their culture is radically different than ours in many ways.

Honda use to make a nice looking green color CRV. Also my CRV is a golden color which I like very much. They also created a silver blue which was very nice in color and a cranberry red. But I think these colors are all finished except for the darker red. These are 3rd generation colors. The 4th and 5th have really faded down and out to the colors described in the other replies on this topic.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=2007+Honda+Crv+Paint+Colors&FORM=RRIMGE

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/08/26/five-things-that-keep-japanese-people-chained-to-their-jobs/

·
Registered
776 Posts
I happened to return to my car today after a quick stop at a store in town to see a new 2016 CR-V parked right next to mine !! It looked like an Acura color called Basque Red that I saw often looking at Acuras before settling on the V !!! Pretty snappy color - hardly dull IMO !! Craig

1 - 13 of 13 Posts