Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who are going to be in the middle of this weekend's Snowmaggden II event, please snap a few pictures or videos of your CRV conquering the snow and post them up for all to enjoy!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Mine is safely in the confines of my garage. I washed it on Thursday after work to get the salt off it since it is a new car and I don't want any rust issues in the future. Definitely not driving it in that mess.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Good topic, hope to see and hear of the marvelous CRV conquering the mighty storm. Well, perhaps, after it is over and you are safe to leave your home, we could hear about your next adventure through the snowy streets.

A couple of years ago we had an ice storm here in Dallas, Texas. I was at work while it was sleeting throughout the day. Left as the sun was going down (some companies will not let you off early even with ice coming down and covering the streets). I came down a street going home at a snail's pace. I came up to a red light with cars sitting and anticipating the light to change. I slowly applied my brakes but apparently I was on black ice and I kept going. There was an empty lane to my left so I slowly turned my CRV and like a champ she went in to the left lane without a hitch. I could feel my heart beating hard and loud. I was on ice and she took me into a empty lane where she slowed down enough that the left lane green arrow came on and we turned onto the next street that had not been as iced over. I just said one prayer of thanks after another. We were heading into the back of a car/cars and she got me out of that potentially dangerous situation.

Love my sweet CRV!

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Is it SOP to put the wipers up like that to make it easier to find the car or just to help with getting the windshield scraped off?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Is it SOP to put the wipers up like that to make it easier to find the car or just to help with getting the windshield scraped off?
I have seen a lot of people do that at my work here. I think they do it so they don't freeze to the window? I have never done it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have seen a lot of people do that at my work here. I think they do it so they don't freeze to the window? I have never done it.
If the snow is either wet or coming down on a warm car, there's the possibility of a bit of melting and refreezing. I very rarely bother myself, but then again my CR-V is garaged most of the time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts