Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I like the more subtle and cleaner looks of the OEM style tailgate spoiler, too.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I would think that pic number 1 does a better job at helping to keep the rear window clear of dust than the last style.
Unfortunately, I don't think either would help keep dust off the window. The dust is actually carried upward onto the window (with all of the traction sand spread around in my area in the winter it becomes obvious how it gets there). A deflector that directed air current down across the window might help, but neither of these do that. The factory one actually looks like it would make it worse, but someone who owns one would have to confirm that.

I wish there was one out there that was as low profile as the factory and helped keep the window dirt down, but I suspect that' just wishful thinking.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Unfortunately, I don't think either would help keep dust off the window. The dust is actually carried upward onto the window (with all of the traction sand spread around in my area in the winter it becomes obvious how it gets there). A deflector that directed air current down across the window might help, but neither of these do that. The factory one actually looks like it would make it worse, but someone who owns one would have to confirm that.

I wish there was one out there that was as low profile as the factory and helped keep the window dirt down, but I suspect that' just wishful thinking.
Excellent point! ... these guys rear window don't look so bad though :eek: ... YouTube - Honda CR-V 2007 Iceday
Your CR-V turned out great with the cladding done in same color. Nice job!
Thanks ... thinking about painting the Top Rails too to FLOW into whatever Wing we end up with! ;) ... wife still wants factory look.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts