Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one of those bumper protectors that are a frame for the license plate? I looked at one called the BumpShox XXL. I was wondering if people had pictures of it on their CR-V since I'm not sure if it will look good or if it will block the sensor. Thanks!

I can only park on the street so it'd be a good piece of mind to have some protection. Having some protection on the front is better than nothing since I'm not a fan of those weird rubber flaps that go on the back.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I put bump shox plate frame on my wifes 2019 equinox
On the crv front you would be fine with no sensor blocking

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
That one pic sure looks like air flow blockage to the intercooler.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to avoid this particular one since one of the reviews mentions that the frame the license plate sits in can scratch up the bumper.
The only thing I dislike about the design is that it doesn't take the license plate mount into account. The rubber absorbs and disperses the force of an object (such as another bumper) pushing up against your car. But the license plate mount, to which the plate pocket is attached, will still rub against the front of the car, particularly if the mount is affixed to the car by a single center screw. After one incident in which I got a bumper scratch from this rubbing, (and looking online for a rubber mount which I couldn't find) I went to the hardware store, bought some foam caulk, and affixed a couple of layers to the back of my license plate mount so that it has something other than the bumper to rub against.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts